Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Land Claim Questions
Started by [E] Idellechi

1- Does this rule apply for claiming inactive lots within your own town?

2- WIll old land claims be re-proccessed through this method?
Your land is your land, pretty sure you can do anything besides steal or scam somebody without consequence. Idk about old land claims, those things are garbage in my opinion.
I was wondering a similar thing about land within our own towns.. I am choosing to apply the golden rule to this:

(for those of you that don't know the golden rule: "unto others as others unto yourself") and would like to know if this would be an acceptable method for reclaiming inactive land within your town..

1. Is the player inactive? When were they last seen, check their profile.. at least 30 days since last seen for me before I start to make assumptions about a person's inactivity in-game. Even if they have been inactive,

2. Msg the player in/out of game: give them plenty of time to respond. Let them know why you would like to reclaim their build: i.e. "Dear so-and-so, I was wondering if you were still using your build in my town, if not I would like to resell it, is that ok."

3. Screen shot the build, and look for changes. Maybe the player has just moved to another build somewhere else. ScreenShot from all sides so that should you remove it and they want it later, you can provide the screenshots to them so they can duplicate it in their new place.

4. Did they pay you for the land? If yes you should be prepared to refund them at least this, if not more if they suddenly return. This also goes for the materials collected should it come time to remove the build.. they should get the mats back if at all possible

5. Don't take it lightly and be patient.. offer them the opportunity to keep it with no conditions: the only reason to remove a build should be due to inactivity, not any personal preferences or design quality etc etc (unless those were conditions of the initial sale: i.e. "no cobble" then they use cobble, it is fair game."

Remember, while you may have build permissions (and destroy permissions) protected chests and inventory within the build is not necessarily fair-game too.. This stuff should be kept for safe-keeping for at least some period of time, not just turned around and used or sold, especially valuable items and rarer items like diamonds and spawners, because in my opinion, even in your own town, this would be stealing.

Do some form of documentation. Whether it be screen-shots or messaging, C-Y-A ... If you put all this effort into treating your town's citizens right it will help justify your reasoning in the case of a dispute and will show future citizens that your aren't an ass..

Sorry if I got long winded, I wasn't intending on hijacking your post..
If I remember correctly, claiming back lots in your town is fair game. But I think you need to save materials if you take it down. Depends if they broke rules or not of your city though probably.

If you take down someones shit in your city please save the materials, those are still not yours unless it was stated before they built, on signs or some shit. Also just have some courtesy on the time allowed when you try and contact them. But I can agree that it would be shitty to have old inhabitable buildings in your town that you couldnt take down.

PS: Inb4lock
I would like to suggest that you clearly post your town rules. I mean they are posted in writing somewhere in plain view. When you add a new member to the town you ask them to read the rules for your town.

Now this is a protection for you the town owner and the new builder. There are no secrets, everything is laid out in black and white for all to read.

Personally this is how I prefer to operate my town. I'm trying to make sure there are no surprises. This is how I suggest other towns to operate.

Just my 2 cents
All of the rules regarding management of towns and evicting players can be found here.