Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Servers offline - flood related?
Started by [E] DBrenna

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently stuck in the hospital and can't get to my house since I live in Houston. Was trying to get online to see how everyone was doing, since I know there are some other players in TX who could be affected by the flood, but saw the servers were offline. Is this related to the flooding? Hope everyone stays safe.

- DBrenna
nope a griever came, look at spawn on worldmap or check discord
Thats what i thought too but im not sure where the servers are located. ive been trying to get into the server for about 2 days now. Some people say its the flood and some people say its some griefer. No idea but all i know is that it sucks :/
Griefer game so servers down? I don't understand. If the server is hosted at a local data-center, it could very well be that they're down. I know there are a couple others in Houston, SteamedBread and I actually think BumpyBob may be one too. If that's the case, it would make sense why it's down. Also, considering they haven't posted here they could be affected by it. Also, that's why the server saves - so that you can recover it from an image, should a griefer come.

Dang, I just checked out world map. Who could it have been? Wouldn't it require builder / admin / creator rights?
im not sure. Someone came and hacked the server and destroyed the spawn and MyNameIsHailey's base. Maybe a string of events? no idea i just hope the server is back up again soon.
The server is down why we try to patch some issues related to the player who griefed the server. Hope all you Texans stay safe <3
do you have a rough idea when the server is going to be repaired so we can play? Im itching to upgrade my iron farm xD
Ideally the server will only be down for a small amount of time, though unfortunately considering the damage and the time the server has already been offline it might take a day or 2 before the server is back to a operational standard and even then might not guarantee everything is back to normal. And yes you are right technically you would need to be a Admin/builder etc to cause that much damage but the hacker was using a client which allowed him to 'Op himself' (might be the right term might not be) which allowed him to have such commands to do what (s)he did. All we can hope for is the guy doesn't come back or even better cant come back.

Big shout out to the managers who are working around the clock to sort this out ! If only i could help out.
What kind of griefing is that? Looks like someone had some kind of modded creative tool.
The guy just used the world-edit plugin commands bound to hotbar items to rapidly replace terrain with spheres of block 0 (air). All that is possible on the server normally with the proper permissions, but it's usually just used for building things for the server more efficiently. Here's hoping we can patch whatever exploit that allowed him to force op in the first place.