Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Graphics error
Started by [E] Slurth

Any body have any experience with similar glitching?

I turned my computer off while I went on vacation and returned to this garbage with every video game.

I had the same pixels and tearing in Firefox until I turned hardware acceleration off. I'm assuming it's also the cause of the issue in my games.

I have an AMD card and am one of the lucky few(I hope it's few) who can't open the Catalyst Control Center (the settings gui for it)

So I'm fuggered in trying to change settings there and try as I have I'm still unable to fix that problem.

Getting pretty close to reformatting this bitch.
oh my god. Have you tried replacing your graphics card?
No, haven't done anything physical. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and software suite a million times and it always fails on the amd runtime sdk, so, who knows.
I had a similar issue with an old PC (AMD card).. It had failed, I had to physically remove the card, clean the innards a little (there was alot of dust and nasties) and then get everything working well without the card first. Then after it was all working (windows updates, all other drivers etc working well) I re installed the card. When I did this I let the auto-detection install the driver only and tested the outputs to be sure video was being pumped through the card.

Only after all of this did I install the control center, and this part is fuzzy but I think I remember going to heir site and getting the driver version 1 earlier than current, cuz the SDK error was happening during install for me too.. Not sure what was causative and what was symptom.. card cleaning or earlier version, but it seemed to get it passed the installation freeze.

All this big pain in the hoondoggle seemed to get it working, but it was life support at best and I was experiencing alot of graphics related crashes and freezes, I shortly after got a new computer so I could not tell you how long i would have worked.
Wait, why can't you open the Catalyst Control Center? You should be able to.. Have you tried running it as an admin?
Slurth wrote:
Any body have any experience with similar glitching?

I turned my computer off while I went on vacation and returned to this garbage with every video game.

I had the same pixels and tearing in Firefox until I turned hardware acceleration off. I'm assuming it's also the cause of the issue in my games.

I have an AMD card and am one of the lucky few(I hope it's few) who can't open the Catalyst Control Center (the settings gui for it)

So I'm fuggered in trying to change settings there and try as I have I'm still unable to fix that problem.

Getting pretty close to reformatting this bitch.

I had a graphic error exactly like this a few months ago.

It also affected my other games including Skyrim and League of Legends.

After smacking my head against a wall - messing with my drivers and stressing that my hardware was stuffed...I turned on my Anti-virus and ran a full scan

I can't remember exactly what the virus was called however it was specifically targeting my hardware and was pretty hard to remove from my system.

This fixed the issue for me.

I hope this helps.
TPrezzle the Disgruntled wrote:
Wait, why can't you open the Catalyst Control Center? You should be able to.. Have you tried running it as an admin?

It's a relatively common issue that people seem to have with it. Google "catalyst control center won't open" and see what I mean.

I'll try that Lucy.
Hmm, I never had that problem on my last AMD card? Sorry to hear that it's bugging you.

I don't suppose it's been sorted yet?

If not, Lucy's idea may well work.
Still broken, I haven't been very proactive with fixing the problem.

Lucy- What antivirus were you using?
Slurth wrote:
Still broken, I haven't been very proactive with fixing the problem.

Lucy- What antivirus were you using?

I use Malware-bytes anti-malware

Download

EDIT:

It's free and one of the best scanners I've used.