Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A little confused.

Hey, I am obviously new here and I am eager to start on this server and have been whitlelisted already. I logged onto the server only to realize I have no idea what I am doing, and I have read the wiki <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f615.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":confused:">:confused:</object> Is it required to join a town, or can one just find a location far enough from anyone else and survive? I have read the wiki, and it doesn't explicitly answer my question and, frankly, I don't want to screw up. Any help is appreciated!
Nope, joining a town is in no way required. You are free to find your own space to call your own. Just watch your proximity to other people.
Yeah, but many people do find benefit in joining towns. It helps build relationships with your neighbors and town owners, and also towns have more traffic in case you wish to open a shop. Good luck, and welcome to Minetown!
Which ever way you decide to go, I highly recommend you be familiar with the PE system, so you can protect whatever you decide to build.

Some tricks that didn't seem to obvious to me when I started:

Get some string, right clicking with string will tell you if a region is defined (owned/protected by someone else) or if it is not (you are free to build).. Get a piece from the dispenser at /warp diskenetica

Know the rules: and most importantly the golden rule: respect other people and the work they put into their builds when looking for where you will build... don't get drawn in by an unprotected chest or building.. protection is a tool, but not being protected is not mean someone didn't put some work into it...

Take a look at the world map for a direction you would like to go (somewhere with land nearby) , then try some of the warps (look at the warp board or the "Towns and Cities" link in the wiki. Many towns can be found in the outskirts with lots of buildable land around them.. just try some out and explore.

Another helpful thing is to set yourself up for success with some client modifications: I have a post from a while back HERE that will walk you through setting up some of my favorites on your client.

Good Luck and welcome to Minetown
if your looking for a town warp honeytown is awesome

me co-owner

te-he

lol
Hello! Some tips from another noob:

#1 Read and follow the rules. Don't even try to open a chest that does not belong to you, if its unlocked - you may be tempted to steal which will result in a ban. Every time you place a chest type /cprivate and left click it - this will protect your belongings. Want to share it with a friend - just type /cmodify <friend name>.

Spend time exploring, the map is massive. Write down all the cool warps you would like to revisit, especially shops with good prices.

Check out some of the towns, they are full of building ideas and many offer residents benefits that will give you an advantage while getting started (such as tree farms, animal spawners for food, etc). Some town plots cost money, some are free - generally speaking, a town charging a fair amount for plots will probably pay off in free food, trees, snow, noob help and socialization. Alternatively, you can wander away from a town in search of a nice public piece of land - once you find some land, mark it off with torches and create a PE (as mentioned in another post) to request that your land be protected.

Get accustomed to the economy: 1 diamond = 3 goldbars = collected by mining or sold at shops for ~15-20 MTC. 1 gold = 10 iron bars. Use /warp bank to do monetary conversions (for example: trade gold for iron, or iron for gold). There are tons of places to shop, including the most popular /warp market. Tour the market and deep market to get a feel for prices, warp to shops advertised in trade to see what they offer.

Here's a crafting guide! Once you are settled down and familiar with the economy, you may want to start a shop to help fund your projects - even dirt, cobble, stone, and sand sell well and are easy to keep in stock. Duckshop allows us to buy/sell using signs, read up on how to use it here.

Vote every day for free MTC to spend in the market! Divide your time between exploring, building, selling, and socializing. I'm still new myself, but if you have any questions you can message me in game and I will try to help. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Good luck!
If you would like to find a nice town to live in, there are a ton of them across Minetown, some really nice, some not so nice, but cheaper!

Some of them require you to build your own house on a plot, some of them sell pre-built houses (which are usually very nice.) Some of the houses that you build yourself have to adhere to the town theme, though not always. You can always find out this information on a town's info board.

Some great and reputable towns across Minetown are:

Adelaide

Townville

Nimaro

Espero

Valor

Honortown

Forward

Good luck finding a home! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Visit /warp lounge for a list of mywarp signs to various towns and cities.

Also visit /warp shoplist for a list of mywarp signs to various shops <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

x
Thanks for all the help! This is exactly the info I needed to get started.