Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Help - Minetown Voting
Started by [E] Anaxionus

When I head over to the voting page and try to enter my username, the site processes it, loads, but returns me to the same page without logging me in. A friend of mine has had the same issue, so I'm almost certain this is a client-side issue; I was just curious if anyone knew what was happening and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

rick
Try removing any proxies you may have.
I don't think so wawon0. If you're referring to the "Temporarily out of service" text in the top right of the homescreen, I assume that's only to do with the server status website gadget.

However, I'm getting the same problem. Perhaps it uses the same server as the site gadget? I don't know if it's third party or coded by our developers, so don't quote me.

It will be up soon, though - as are most things on Minetown <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Thanks for your help, guys.

Yeah, this has been going on (for my friend) for some time now, so I believe it's unrelated to the recent server maintenance. Neither my friend nor myself is using a proxy, but I noticed the problem after I accidentally cleared my internet browser history. I'm investigating.

Thanks again,

rick
Ah, i havnt been able to vote as well. This same thing happens to me. I do not use a proxy, and i havnt cleared my internet brower history. What are you running on? windows? lion? linux?
Madster,

Yes, that's another aspect to look into. I'm using a Mac, OS 10.4.

rick
same here. Im on a Mac, OS 10.4

How about ur friend?
TPrezzle the Disgruntled wrote:
Try removing any proxies you may have.

Humorously, the last site on the voting list always insists I'm behind a proxy, which is malarkey.

With regard to the voting page not working, check the front page news. I believe while the Minecraft server is up and running on the new cluster, the infrastructure for the voting page, MediaWiki, etc, are still in progress. It should be sorted out soon. (and if it's not, hey, there's only a couple votin' days left in the month anyway.)
Im on a Mac Lion, OS 10.7.3

Im using safari and I have add an issue for the 1st time today on that. It worked last night 11:00pm EST so ya I think it does have todo with the server being updated.

This is a quote from the post sawine put up 12hrs ago.

(the vote script, wiki and world map will be fixed in the next 24 hours)

So just be patient and let the developers do their job ok. Trust me running a server and website like this is not easy, Ive done it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Thanks for understanding,

joey_dev
Thanks again, guys, for all your help.

Regarding the mentioning of my OS. Yes, sorry - that's what I meant: my friend is also using a similar OS. So I guess I meant it could be something to do with Mac compatibility, as there have been other issues with Minecraft and other sites/programmes/etc - and that is worth investigating.

But regarding the issue in general - and Joey_dev's reply - I totally understand that the main issue, at this point, is the maintenance/work-behind-the-scenes. I'm not too worries about being the 'top voter' - I just like to get credits and plug Minetown. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":-)">:-)</object>

Thanks again for all your replies,

rick