Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New things added to Craftbook
Started by [E] randalserrano

My friend (me4502 is a dev for craftbook and has added some IC's that would in my opinion benefit Minetown. He has added a collection chest (MC0209 is the IC id.) and a block detector. (MC0263 is the IC id.) The links for these Integrated Circuits are http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/MC0263

http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/MC0209

There are a few other IC's that should also be looked at but I wont include the links.

They would be useful for Certain types of payment methods like paying for spawner farms, service shops not available on duckshop, etc. When they detect the block, it sends out a redstone signal that could open doors, start machines, etc. You could make a smaller BUD switch, and make more complex electronics. All that need to be done is the updating of craftbook and allowing those specific id's.
im pretty sure users dont have perms to IC's. As i tried to set up a water fountain that did 5 pumps of water when someone went by. Didnt have perms.
Some IC's are allowed for regular players. This IC doesn't have any way of doing damage or duping. One of the integrated circuits a player can use for instance is an invisible lever like the ones in weekly lootz. I say if it is safe to use without any chance of doing anything bad on the server, then it should be allowed.
Most of the disallowed ICs are because of the lag they can cause for the server. The specific IC your talking about would have to run commands every tick to see if there is an item to be collected. So imagine that 100 people have multiples of this IC the server could lag up quite quickly.

I for one would probably use about 20-30 of these. My spawner trap is already overpowered with the amounts of spawners I have. If I didn't have to be there to collect the amount of items I can collect drastically increases. This would further bring down the economy which is already suffering.
If I am not mistaken, the only time it looks to see if an item is there is an item is if the item is touching the sign. I could be wrong though. I have already used this on a test server and used about 20 of them with no lag whatsoever. And the test server is quite small performance wise. As for the people using it, not very many people know how to use it first off, and secondly the people that do know how to use it know of better ways to take advantage of other things. As for the economy, since a lot of people don't know how to use it, the economy wouldn't differ much if at all. But thanks for the feedback <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
As much as I agree that some of the IC's I added could cause lag, most won't. only the Self Triggered, or ST, ones can. Those IC's can be disabled easily in the plugin configuration, the other IC's will not however, cause lag.

I believe that these IC's will not cause lag, but if you believe they may, turn off the ST ones in CraftBookCircuits configuration files.

I would however, strongly advise against doing that, as the ST IC's do not cause much lag in comparison with many things on the server. Also, even if everyone believes it will lag, the 'cluster system' should fix any lag issues.
Randall, I have not been on this server very long but I can see the economy is very badly damaged diamonds are so easily available that they are about to me almost worth nothing if people keep charging 100s of diamonds for fairly simple tasks and the cost for some blocks which should be everywhere as glowstone can be seen everywhere but it is still at 5000 mt for a stack where diamond is only 1280(of an average of 20 mt per block).

onto the issue about the ics I believe they will do great good as being able to pay gold blocks and other items to produce a redstone current, being able make gambling machines, the ability to get access to spawners as simply as throwing a block into a water stream or placing a gold block under a system with the block detector and a piston, it will produces more opportunity for minetown creating more fun.
vanquish349 wrote:
Randall, I have not been on this server very long but I can see the economy is very badly damaged diamonds are so easily available that they are about to me almost worth nothing if people keep charging 100s of diamonds for fairly simple tasks and the cost for some blocks which should be everywhere as glowstone can be seen everywhere but it is still at 5000 mt for a stack where diamond is only 1280(of an average of 20 mt per block).

onto the issue about the ics I believe they will do great good as being able to pay gold blocks and other items to produce a redstone current, being able make gambling machines, the ability to get access to spawners as simply as throwing a block into a water stream or placing a gold block under a system with the block detector and a piston, it will produces more opportunity for minetown creating more fun.

That's your opinion Vanquish... however the economy is FINE. No one needs to overrun it, as it will end in humility.
Thank you all for giving me feedback! In my opinion, when the cluster is online, It should be able to support integrated circuits with little lag if any at all. I would like to see what the devs/moderators think about this. This is supposed to be more directed to them.