Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Resets/Imports
Started by [E] Nabakaron

When you say "dungeon" are you referring to the mossy cobble monster spawner variety, or more generally (temples, monuments, etc.)? If it is the former, there are still plenty of dungeons to be found. I want to point out that all warps are public so everyone has access to them, so that would not be beneficial in exploring the map on your own. Also homes are limited to 2 (3 for member+), which does not allow you to place them "all around the map". Finally in response to the established monthly "dungeons"; it just sounds like an excuse to get 'free' loot, which is not in the spirit of survival, especially since we already do drop parties.
Have you ever seen this mod? http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2559399-dungeons-mod

It gives you an idea of what I mean by dungeons-- Paces for adventure!

Also, instead of just dropping things in drop parties, you can have the same things hidden in these dungeons. You can even have something set up in spawn to collect items from players that want to donate cool stuff for the event!
@970246 wrote:
Have you ever seen this mod? http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2559399-dungeons-mod

It gives you an idea of what I mean by dungeons-- Paces for adventure!

Also, instead of just dropping things in drop parties, you can have the same things hidden in these dungeons. You can even have something set up in spawn to collect items from players that want to donate cool stuff for the event!

The problem with something like this, is that Minetown's survival servers have always been as close to vanilla as it could be while generally keeping the playstyle more fun with things like an economy, and easier travel. Adding in something like dungeons(in my opinion), would ruin that feel. Instead of mining and collecting resources, players would just do dungeon raids... effectively defeating the purpose of it being survival.
The end has 4 pre-set spawn locations if I remember correctly.
@970246 wrote:
@10066404 wrote:
if we continually add these structures to the existing, limited map then the map will soon become full of structures with no opportunity for people to create their own builds.

I believe this viewpoint to be flawed as the replacement of dungeons would be a 1 for 1, not just adding them all over the map. This does bring into an issue with some people using the knowledge of all the good locations they want resources from (like sea monuments) and setting up a system where they /warp or /home all around the map after the reset and try to get ALL of the reset stuff for themselves. This is the same issue as when the map was first released, where people could just go out trying to get all the adventure areas completed and take the resources before anyone got to those areas but then compounded with the knowledge of where the locations are. A solution to that would be to have a master map of where you put the dungeons each month so you can remove them and place new ones at new locations and that would a good deal of work... but it would really make the map feel like it always had something new to offer.

The other way would be to make a map of the dungeons and reset them at those locations while providing those locations on Minetown.net and make it into an event. Everyone then gets to run around to these publicly known locations and explore the new dungeon for that month.

if it were to be a 1 for 1 thing then no one could ever make a guardian farm X)
@4773143 wrote:
Instead of mining and collecting resources, players would just do dungeon raids... effectively defeating the purpose of it being survival.

Is that what people did when the map first was opened?

I was giving an example of things we could do. I am not saying that we should use that mod specifically.