Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Help] \\ Google Cloud vs Amazon S3 // [Help]
Started by [E] joeydev

Greetings fellow Minetownians,

I am in a heated dilemma between two really good online cloud services, Google Cloud (Not Google Drive) and Amazon S3 also known as AWS. I have over 3TB worth of data that I need to backup in a safe place. The data is currently sitting on 2 separate external HDDs. 1 is a 1TB WD Passport Drive and the other is on a 2TB WD Passport Drive. I would like to get something more robust and reliable then just getting another terabyte (TB) drive. If I had the funds, I would just setup my own Network Attached Storage (NAS) box. I know that Western Digital (WD) makes a 4 bay NAS box, however, I don't like proprietary software. I like to be able to access my data many ways, via SFTP, Online, Mobile App, Cloudberry, you name it! I also want redundancy (if one drive fails, there is another one just like it ready to restore data back to the replaced drive). The data that I have contains family photos, movies, TV Shows, GoPro footage, Operating System images, Software like Adobe Creative Suite and so forth.

If anyone knows anything about what I'm talking about, an honest opinion would be greatly appreciated. I've done lots of research, but can't be pushed in one direction or the other.

Thank you for any advice or direction you give me. I'm excited to see the chatter that might start.
Eximius Cloud (tm)
Hahahaha lol! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f606.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":lol:">:lol:</object> TOTALLY!! How much?....