Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban appeal
Started by [E] Joazhu

=============

Username: Joazhu

When you were banned : October 11, 2016

Person who banned you: Bacon

Reason you were banned: x-ray mining

Bacon believed me to be x-ray mining. I do not even have access to a hack client. At the time I was banned I was just wasting time digging, either expanding existing tunnels, digging towards lava, chunk estimating, or random digs to the sides of clean tunnels. All of which is meant to increase my chances of hitting valuable ores, but none of which guarantees anything. I have made extensive mines of my own with the purpose of finding such ores all the time. The mine I was in at this time however was rather chaotic so I simply mined toward likely areas and areas that were not organized (every 2 at a level and such). Anyway, digging in such a chaotic manner may have looked like x-raying as when I hit a valuable ore I was turn around and head in another direction, but I was not. Kinda insulting to be accused of this but lacking any other way to spot such a violation I suppose this is the process one has to take. Oh another note, the "x-ray" triggers given off at my base are instead from my elevator there if that was what put up the flag. Go there and try it out, it is quite fun, but not a tool for x-ray. I hope this matter can be resolved swiftly and I assure you I do not have a hack client and am not x-raying. Thank you.
You mined toward diamonds repeatedly, looked around caves while standing still then all of a sudden mine straight to a vein of diamonds. You weren't expanding tunnels. I was watching you. You'll have to try harder than that.
The question of what ores I was mining has come up. I have an iron farm so I had to tell myself not to mine those. I have fortune mined so much coal (and I use alternate fuels whenever I can) that I had no interest in it and actively avoided it. What I would really like is lapis. I did indeed have great luck with the diamonds, but don't need those either. But what I was mining and why isn't really helpful. Also, as to light levels, it looked perfectly bright to be, I don't know if this is just the brightness level I have my game on or Optifine. Probably beside the point. Instead, if you give me the chance here is what I propose: Follow me every chance you get, don't tell me you are doing so, and even hide your presence when your on doing so. Do this for as long as you want, even waiting a time and doing again and again, invite all mods to do so. I welcome the scrutiny. I will even mention in open chat when I am going to use mining techniques such as I used today so you can see how it works. Most of the time it doesn't work as well it did today, but it does work remarkably well. I do not have a hack client nor an x-ray resource pack, I will play the same as always so please watch and be sure for yourself that I am not a cheater. With one exception, I may be mining leery for a while after this, I'm sure you can understand, but I will eventually mine some more, it is a fun part of the game. The discovery and joy of finding valuable items and challenging oneself to improve on methods of finding them is fun, one of the reasons I play this game. I find that I must apologize though. I do like Bacon (not just the food) and hold nothing against him or any other moderator. I know your jobs can be a challenge and when you see suspicious behavior with no way to know what the other player is thinking or what they may be using to do what they are doing you have to act or you are not doing your job. I hurts in my gut right now because I am thought to be a cheater, whether I gain access to the server again or not, that hurts the most and I can't really rage against anyone for it. It can't be fun to suspect and ban either, I'm sorry you had to do that. I can assure you I didn't cheat, but in the end you hear that from everyone. The only way to know for sure would be to see how I act from now own, if I used advanced techniques I will say so, if I just mindlessly mine branch mines you can clearly see that too. I await your decision and thank you for the consideration.
I will be handling this appeal. Please give me a bit to look further into the situation and i will get back to you later this evening.
While I do understand that there are methods such as you describe and you may have been perfectly in the right and just gotten lucky and happened to be caught in luck, the evidence that we have based on how we catch xray griefing is what I have to go on. Because you have been cooperative with me and other testaments I have received tend to lead you to someone who is not necessarily one out to be a cheater, I will reduce the ban to a temporary ban for 2 weeks from the initial appeal date. Please poke a member of staff on or after October 25th to be unbanned and refer to this appeal if needed. If you have any questions, you may send me a message here in the forums or on discord. Please be aware that should you use methods that can be perceived as xray in the future, this is a possibility again and we will not be able to be lenient for future offenses.

~Locked