Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Voting System Change Idea
Started by [E] MillionAcers

Hi, I am Million Acers. I have not really been much active in Minetown before but recently that has changed and I've been getting on more and playing more on Minetown. I've noticed that each month the top voters are the same and have talked to PokemonGardevoir and she told me that the top voters get more votes as a bonus. I think that more voters would participate in voting if they felt they had a chance in maybe winning top voter of the month, so i would like to propose an idea me and Poke had. We had an idea that if the top voters currently cannot win two times in a row. This would mean more people would have a chance to compete in getting top voter as it would no always be the same people winning. I hope you take this into consideration.

Happy Voting! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

~Million Acers
You misinterpreted what I meant XD

I said that the top voters are usually ones who are able to vote twice a day, so while I, an everyday voter, will get say, 100 in a 24-Hour period, half of the options allow for voting every 12 hours. Many of the Top Voters then vote twice a day, getting say 150 compared to my 100

You still have a point though. I think that would be fair if more can win. I do feel bad for the current winners if our idea goes into effect. A change in system you were confortable with ruins your perfect streak. That would be a terrible position to be in. Tomcort explained that he feels he inspires many new voters to try and challenge his streak. The new idea may also inspire new voters though. Some of the other people I talked to say they don't vote because they feel they dont have a chance at the top.

For me, I don't really care about winning top voter- the prizes are nice though. If you vote everyday, making 1025+ credits a day for 30 days, you make about 35000 credits anyway! That itself is a great reward for hard work <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I've spoken to PokemonGardevoir about this and as a 3 time 1st place top voter I'm not against limiting the number of wins or consecutive wins.

I don't vote in order to win top voter prizes. I vote to get credits daily. The $1000+ daily credits are enough to buy 20k cobble every day. As long as I can get my daily credit fix, I'm happy.
I was the 3rd top voter last month (cant beat tom <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) and i assure you i didnt even vote everyday (though i voted a lot of days). Voting seems fair. As pokemon told at some sites you can vote twice a day.
I have done far more analysis on the voting system than is probably healthy.

I don't think any one person should be able to win a top voter prize for two consecutive months.