Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] EULA and Donation Changes
Started by [E] Jared

Hello MineTown! As some of you may already be aware, we’re in the process of adjusting MineTown to be fully compliant with Mojang’s EULA and as a result there are going to be some changes to the way voting, credits, and donations work.

MineTown Credits

Credits will no longer be rewarded from voting; Instead, players will be able to sell and buy claim blocks at a rate of 1 MTC per claim block. This means:

• You can now trade claim blocks with other players by converting them to credits and giving the credits to another player, who can then convert them back to claim blocks
  • The more you play, the more credits you get
  • If you’re low on credits, you can abandon claims you’re not using to get more credits

Additionally, players now receive claim blocks at an increased rate to make up for the lost income from voting.

Donation Packages

The Donation packages will no longer be available for purchase after August 31st, 2016, so get them now if you want them! You can use the “LASTCHANCE” code to get a 15% discount.

After this date, the kits, commands, and the ability to keep your inventory / experience upon death will only be obtainable with credits. Players that already have access to these features from donating will retain their perks.

Cosmetic Keys

Some non-cosmetic items will be removed from the cosmetic keys, such as armors, mounts, and weapons that allow you to affect gameplay, like the portal gun.

Please bear with us and we continue to work with Mojang to bring a more inclusive playing experience to everyone.

We'd also like to give a special thanks to 74.png DarthAndroid for putting a lot of time, thought, and work into these EULA changes, and writing up this post.
To save people some time, here are the commands to buy and sell claim blocks:
Code:
/buyclaimblocks <number> /sellclaimblocks <number>

So, to convert 10 of your unused claimblocks into 10 MTC:
Code:
/sellclaimblocks 10
Any idea on how much commands/kits/perks might cost?

Also, gg to all involved with getting this sorted out in compliance with the EULA, hats off to ya!

Well, it would be if i was in game and had a hat toggled on <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":-p">:-p</object>
With these changes I think that we should look at re implementing a AFK Kicker or fixing the plugin that prevents players from obtaining claim blocks while afk. This will make it so that your income is actually based on how much time you play and not on how much time you spend afk in the game.

Also I would personally consider a player that is afk and obtaining claim blocks to be afk farming since they are obtaining a commodity from being afk in the game.
@697744 wrote:
With these changes I think that we should look at re implementing a AFK Kicker or fixing the plugin that prevents players from obtaining claim blocks while afk. This will make it so that your income is actually based on how much time you play and not on how much time you spend afk in the game.

Also I would personally consider a player that is afk and obtaining claim blocks to be afk farming since they are obtaining a commodity from being afk in the game.

Indeed, that is being looked into.