Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Events team applications.
Started by [E] dead [1]

I'm still interested on being an event+ and resent the application with the updated question.

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone):

Est 3pm to 9 pm

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown:

Joined April, 1 and I play about 30 hours per week

What kind of events would you specialize in?

- Quick, Fast, and Fequant

- Detailed events that will take a while to run

What are your ideas for future events?

Yes I'm planning on making a parkour and mazes on event if I do get picked and if I don't I will still do events on main and maybe make some trivia questions up.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went:

Yes I have I've done a piggyracing event with 3 winners and it went pretty good. The prize's were 3k 2k and 1k

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.):

I have used WE on a server before but I mean you guys can teach me the other things like WG rgs and craftbook

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing?

I think it would be hard to be a mod and do pe's but I think I can handle being an event staff.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?

A fishing area with people fishing and trying to get as much as they can in 10 minuets.

Tell us about yourself:

I would love to host events on the event server and give out awesome prizes and love to be an event+.

Other than that I hope you consider my application Thanks. ~A3modz2
Minecraft IGN: Monkey117

Age (Prefer 16+): 17

Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of North America): GMT 10+ Australia

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in MineTown (Needs to be More than 2 months) : I play on average 3-4 per day, maybe more depending on the day and i have been on this server since the end of May 13th 2012 so about 9 months and a couple days.

Friends in Minetown : I have good friends in my faction PhoenixLegion, as well as in clans: JAPAN, MIA, and MAB i also know many others, i am starting to get to know a lot of other people as well.

Have you ever been banned before? Why?: No

Do you have any ideas for future events?: None that I have really thought about but I'm a fan of skill and knowledge based challenges and im sure i could think something up.

Have you done any unofficial events? Please provide screenshots: No

Have you ever helped staff with events?: No

Can you use Mumble(this is necessary): Yes

Do you have any experience using World Edit and region flags?: Yes, I have a lot of experience with WorldEdit and WorldGuard from being an administrator on multiple server for a long period of time

Why do you think you will make a good Events Member? Explain.: I'd say I'm a person that likes to have lots of fun, and wants other people to have a good time as well and i enjoy some healthy completion with a good prize at the end. Im a very organized person and a terrefic problem solver. I love Building for a purpose. I enjoy it when the things I create are being put to good use and are being enjoyed by people. Plus I'm a hard worker and have a great deal of knowledge about plugins etc. im alright with redstone but not perfect.

Why should we consider you for the event team: Like i said, I like making things for people to enjoy, I like solving issues, and always remember commands, rules, guidelines, etc. Plus I know how to keep things under control, enforce rules, and make sure everyone has a good time.I am fairly reliable and try to finish projects on schedule or pretty close to it and i handle well under pressure.

Thanks for considering me to be Event staff i would really enjoy it.

Kind Regards,

Monkey117
12 - 6/8/1999

What time of the day would you be most available to run events?

Weekdays: After 3:30 EST PM. Weekends: From when I wake up to when I fall asleep at night.

About 30 hours and I have been in Minetown for about 7 months

Trivia, Hide-and-Seek, Building, etc. & basically any other event.

The event ideas that I have for the future are basketball events. You have a basketball hoop and you use snowballs as the basketball. One person counts how many baskets you made and if you made more baskets out of every participant, then you win a prize. This event would go for 20-30 minutes.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went:

Yes I have. I hosted a Hide-and-Seek event in main (/Ch G) for MTC prizes as well as some trivia.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.):

Well, to be honest, I'm not that good with WorldEdit (WE) and CraftBook but I know how to use WorldGuard Regions.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing

Well, to start off, I love participating in events, hosting events, basically I love events. I'd rather be Event staff over Normal staff because I would love to help out with events and event participates.

In my opinion, I think that this would be great: Walls with vines on it and players have to climb the vines and try to go to the top and walk on the pressure plate to win. It's challenging, but fun.

Tell us about yourself:

I'm in the 8th Grade and I'm in the Special Education classroom. My grades are mostly A's and B's besides Algebra, which I have a D in. I am currently only in the regular class (Algebra, Language Arts, Reading) but my Special Education teacher and my aunt are trying to get me out for all normal classes. I was Tman_103's best friend since 2nd grade. I will be attending JVS to be a Website Designer. I will graduate in 2017. I live with my aunt and uncle. I live in Lorain, Ohio.

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone):

+10 GMT

I have been playing Minetown for over a year now

Well there is a TNT war I would like to do and a lot more but I don't want to give it away here

Yes I have ran a Dungeon for Halloween it went OK considerig it was Unofficial.

Another one I think it may of been official it was on the event server it was deathpry it went well considering the event server crashed in the middle of it.

Worldedit: Yes mastered it

WorldGuard: Yes mastered it

CraftBook: Ready to learn

Because Event staffing you give people joy and make them laugh I have no other reason for it. Making people laugh is one of the things I really do enjoy and I think this might be a fun way to do that.

A tnt war with PVP action describing it from this point is lame let me put you in there eyes.

(Well... here is it from the perspective of the player)

Attacker

I spawn in I see a castle then there is a 3 2 1 called. Before i know it TNT is coming at me from this huge castle I know what i must do. I start running dodging TNT block after TNT block until I am at the castle wall I sneak through a side entrance then I find them I start picking of the cannon operators one by one until there is only one left I light him on fire then he burns and burns until I see it. The flag I rush to the flag and I see it we won. Many players were lost this day but many were saved.

Defender

I man my position than I see player running towards us we start firing TNT everywhere it was a blood bath. They were dropping like flies then I see one of the enemy rushing in I don't know what to do he is killing my friends there all gone i know my time was short I try and fight but i get lit on fire it stings I slowly feel the life being ripped out of me I lie on the ground seeing only him pass then he goes to the flag *Transmission cut*

Tell us about yourself:

My name is Eragon based of a book I like called Eragon. I could go onto how I go in school but what would that matter. I currently train scouts in a junior section. I also make cool things in blender nothing else to say really.
Fixing some things now about my app.

I'm still interested on being an event+ and resent the application with the updated question.

Est 2pm to 9 pm

Joined April, 1 and I play about 30 hours per week

- Quick, Fast, and Frequent

Yes I'm planning on making a parkour and mazes on event if I do get picked and if I don't I will still do events on main and maybe make some trivia questions up.

Yes I have I've done a piggyracing event with 3 winners and it went pretty good. The prize's were 3k 2k and 1k and I have done a parkour and a fishing event

I have used WE on a server before but I mean you guys can teach me the other things like WG rgs and craft book

I think it would be hard to be a mod and do pe's but I think I can handle being an event staff and love to do events.

Who can make the best poem on a book and quil and they send into to me and I judge who wins a 3rd 2nd and first place and have 2 other judges with me so It can be a fair voting.!

Tell us about yourself:

I would love to host events on the event server and give out awesome prizes and love to be an event+ I always want to help other Ent+ on event if I'm not hosting an event. And I want to let people have fun on minetown for the community.

Other than that I hope you consider my application Thanks. ~A3modz2

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): EST. i can do some events on some weekdays and some most weekends.

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: about 5 days a week.

- Team events, building events, puzzle events, etc.

I specialize in a mix of quick fast events and detailed events so that they are fun interesting and lengthy. I like events that are easy to make, easy to reset and are frequent. This makes things easy for me and for the players!

What are your ideas for future events? Future cool ideas are a spleef arena, multiple obstacle courses and even a mini hunger games. I like to mix up ideas so it can be fun, simple, and enjoyable for everyone.

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have hosted some small events such as obstacle courses and spleef matches so i have some experience. There were quite a bit of people there (11 to 12people) but i think it would be more popular if i could advertise it better. I am getting better and i am really good at organizing things.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I have experience with world edit and world guard regions. As for the other things i am a fast learner and can learner things easily and quickly.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? I think event staff would be fun and i don't really think i have the time to be a mod or admin for example. I have lots of cool ideas and event staff get to be really creative!!!

Go! u have 30mins to build a statue of someone. 1st gets 75k 2nd gets 50k and 3rd gets 25k

Tell us about yourself: I am very cheerful and i like to hang with my friends especially on my free time. I am creative, young, mature and respectful. I really like this server and i would like to pay back (in a good way) this server. There isn't really other good servers like this one!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

I appreciate You looking at this application and i hope i get accepted!

Thank You,

-Oldmanawsome
Updated Application

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): About 4-6 pm UTC+10:00

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I’ve been a member of Minetown for almost 2 years. (2 Months and 7 days away). I play more depending on what time of year it is.

• School Week = 10 Hours

• School Holidays = 30 hours.

Probably Quick, Fast, and Frequent. I have random ideas that come out of nowhere and then form the idea when I’m half asleep! Haha. I’d make the occasional 2-3 week event.

Simple build events with a twist are my main ideas. Such as a build events with only 2 different materials. Or a quick, 5 minute build event, ran a few times in a row with small prizes.

I’ve participated in too many events to count, and I’ve only ran few of my own. I ran piston run and KSprint. Piston Run was broadcasted in Chat (By myself then Lomanic), and KSprint was announced on the fourms. Both ran smoothly, and Lomanic couldn’t get enough of Piston Run!

Tell us about your experience with some of the mechanisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I am quite experienced with all except CraftBook. I know my way quite well around both WorldEdit and WorldGuard.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? Event Staff is a role that makes the people of Minetown happy (for about 30-60minutes). A Moderator is a more administrative role, whereas Event Team is more of a ‘build and entertain’ role. Being caught up in school work, I would not have enough time to complete a moderator’s roles, but Event staff just need to push out 1-3 events a week. Event Team would suit my schedule better.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? no u.

Build Event. 20x20 Square. 30 Minutes. Build an everyday object. Go.

Tell us about yourself: I’m Australian, 16, and I love sports, school, music, animals and video games. In Minecraft I love to build and I –try- to make other players enjoy themselves. I also love the Survival Games! I have a good sense of humour (I hope, anyway) and laughter is my best medicine. I love to work as a team, and generally be the leader of the group. I’m also very self-conscious and open-minded. Oh yeah, I like toast.
Minecraft IGN: stickmanlazer0

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): Anywhere from 4pm-9pm EST and on weekends anytime <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I play around 25-45 hours per week.I joined minetown on 1/31/12

- Team events, building events, puzzle events, etc.

I would specialize in Detailed events puzzle events and Team events, because I like events that won't just give you a quick little thing that you can do on your own but longer events that are detailed and fun.

I would like to start focusing on some more uncommon events such as PvP or Team events so people can experience all types of events and some new ones, for example an event where 2 teams will have 2 bombs where they have 2 minutes to defuse. The teams must send out one crew to try and defuse the bomb and another crew to go through obstacles and try and set off the other teams bomb.

I have ran a forums event and am currently hosting a PvP event I will make sure to report how that goes. I have participated in a few events such as a3modz2's quick question event and a race from a player I do not remember.

Tell us about your expediences with some of the mechanisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.):

I know the basics of WE and WorldGuard by being an admin on a small server for a period of time and not much of craftbook but I am a fast learner and am ready to learn something new <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Normal staffing is so yesterday..... jk I love the creativity event staff get to have while regular staff may have stress and very hard work. Also event staff get to have fun with other people. Event staffing seems fun from all the things they get to do. They have the chance to express their creativity into their work kinda like artists.

You are given 48 emeralds. Then put in front of a maze with multiple villagers hidden throughout it you have 5 minutes to obtain or craft: Diamond boots, a stack of cookies and compass. Go.

Tell us about yourself: I am in 6th grade I love gaming, soccer, and MT. I always try to make people laugh, I like making the plan in group and makings sure everyone is having fun. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Thanks for reviewing - Stickman
Minecraft IGN: gotmilk54445

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone): EST or EDT

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I have been apart of Minetown for a little bit over a year now. On average I play 25-35 hours per week. Mainly on skyblock, events, main, and main2.

What kind of events would you specialize in? Can't say I would specialize in one specific thing, I would like to hold all types of events. (Ex. Racing, building, pvping)

What are your ideas for future events? I want to finally finish my stadium for Pig Racing and other cool things that I could hold in there. (Ex. On boat pvp (sort of like Roman times), pvp fights, whatever fits <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I also helped out Matt and other Events members on finishing a thing called ZombieDrop, an idea Matt use to do on his server when MT servers were down. I think it looks quite good (on the inside, lol. Looking a bit rough from the outside, but all people will see is inside <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) and will be quite successful.

Outside: bFnG564.png

Inside: iEMPOFc.png

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have ran Matt's LimitedBuild back when I was a moderator a couple of times. I have also participated in many events, I can't say I have been in many unofficial events. I have only participated in one, which was an event by iSoccer, it was this huge scape of lava with blocks all around it, and the objective was to get to the other side, it was so hard. xD I have been in many official events though. I have been events like LimitedBuild, Climb and Climb 2.0, Mob Rounds, and a few others.

Tell us about your experence with some of the mechinisms we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard Regions, CraftBook, etc.): I know a very good amount with WorldEdit, I have learned a little bit about server signs through matt, (which I assume is CraftBook), and know WorldGuard through my old moderator position. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing? To be completely honest, I would like to be either. But I would like to be Event staff, because I think it would be cool just keeping the server dwellers happy and having fun <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? If I am trapped in the box, how can I think outside of it? I am just a mere object in the universe, the Box... The Box is almighty...

Tell us about yourself: I was a moderator here From early June of 2012 to somewhere around late January 2013. I am generally active in the community, I try not to hate on anyone. But some people who hate on others ideas and beliefs kind of irk me. Better to let the people believe what they want to believe.
**Updated Application**

Why Not? It will be easy they said...

Minecraft IGN: Insert0Name0Here

What time of the day would you be most available to run events? (Please specify a time zone):I live in the EST(EDT). I like to run events from 4:00 P.M-10:00 P.M on most Weekdays And from 8:00 A.M-12:00 A.M on most weekends. This varies greatly. This is merely a rough estimate of the times I can be on and running, building, or creating events.

Hours per week you play(average) AND how long have you been in Minetown: I have been on Minetown for over a year. One year and 28 days to be exact. For all the math whizzes out there that is 56 weeks, 393 days, 9432 hours. And 565,920 minutes, 33,955,200... seconds ;P

What kind of events would you specialize in?I like all types of events. From quick build events to long team puzzle events.

What are your ideas for future events?I have pleanty of ideas for events! (Some of these may be repeated from my old application) I hate making names, im getting there <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

A scavenger hunt/race/obstacle course/fishing/boat racing/marathon

-This is what I have been working on for the past few weeks, out in the middle of nowhere, underground, building platforms, mazes, everything!

Eggs

- Players start with 10 chickens, and collect as many eggs as possible in a short amount of time(15-20 minutes). They also have seeds, and a deposite chest. The person with the most eggs at the end wins.

Movie Night

- A movie is chosen. Players then have a set amount (2-5 hours. This could also be run as a multi-day event) of time to build a character/scene from the movie. The buildings are then judged and a winner is chosen.

Wolf Tamer

- Players have unlimited bones, an Infinity bow, and unlimited golden swords. They must kill as many wolfs as possible while protecting their own dogs.

Underwater Mining

- Players must mine as many ores as possible in a set time (20-30 minutes). Different types of ores are found through out the underwater abyss. There are chests with faster picks, enchanted helmets, and more through out the abyss aswell.

Parkour PvP

- It seems as if it is just a normal PvP match. As players see the arena for the first time, they realize it is more than just an arena. It is a parkour map, surrounded with lava. There are many ways out. but only one can get there.

Shoot

- This is my archery range. I have held many events here. Shooting at a target, moving target, and much more. I have many big plans for it's future. I hope to use some of the new redstone implemented features for it.

Auto-Event

- Players must make an automatic farm using redstone for the selected crop/item. The contraptions will be judged on compactness, ease of usage, functionality, looks, and creativity.

These are just some of my ideas, I am always thinking of more amazing ideas. Infact, some of these I have thought of while writing them. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Have you ever participated or ran any unofficial events? Please tell us about what you did and how it went: I have participated in many unofficial events, and I have run a few myself. I have participated in almost everything, Parkour, some building, mazes. I all thought them to be well thought out, very clean and polished, fun, and overall good events. I will say my favorite unofficial event ever was Alex_Wan's maze. I came in 2nd place, I had alot of fun in it. Now for my events... (Dun laugh plz <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) As I said, I have run some quick archery events at "Shoot". I gave out some prizes, and from the feedback I got everyone had a good time. I have also done some chat trivia in the past, the first correct answer wins a diamond. It is a time passer, but everyone has fun!

WorldEdit: I know it, I've used it in some buildings in Single Player and other servers. I really enjoy it, it makes things easier, and it allows the user to have more control. Im not sure what else to say here.

WorldGuard: I really enjoy this plugin. I have used region flags, and controlling building rights with command blocks.

CraftBook: This is the one I am least experienced in. I know the basics such as auto-collecting chests (and the flags to go with it), Bridges, gates and other similar mechanisms. I am I fast learner so I hope that isn't a problem.

Why do you consider Event staff over Normal staffing?I would prefer Event staffing for many reasons. One of them is the age requirements. I am far to underage to be a normal staff member here. I am not one to argue, but if the Staff Management team wishes to judge maturity on age, that is fine with me. The second reason is that I prefer entertaining the community, rather than moderating it. I have been in the community for over a year now, and I feel me being the average player is the right place for me. I have been in the regular community for a long time, and I leef that is too long just to walk away from it. By applying for Event Staff, I am applying for a position where I work with the community more than regular staffing. Now Im going to through this in a completely different direction. Like I said before, I have been in the community for over a year. I know what the average player likes to do on a daily basis, I know the general ideas of what official events want to be added, and I feel I have that different perspective than others will.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what? I love this question, and hate it at the same time. Most dont know what it is asking specifically, I am included in that group. But that is also the point of it. Thinking outside the box, its like going to new limits you have never been before. It is not doing what you are prepared for, and that's what happenens in life. Things dont go as planned, stuff doesnt happen, and much more! So what I am trying to get to is that you always need to be prepared, for the best or the worst, and always have a backup plan, even if it as stupid as some chat trivia.

Tell us about yourself:ME. Me, myself, and I. I think most of you know me pretty well, or atleast I hope you do. I go to our town's public school. I play in the band and in the towns soccer team. I am "building" my own computer, I have been looking at different parts for it for mny months now. I dont think I know what I'm doing at this point <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>. I have been on Minetown for over a year. I have left, or alteast almost have left a few times, but you guys are my second family. I could never leave you. I have almost left for many reasons. If you want to know more about that, feel free to message me, I'd be happy to explain it to you. But enough of me ranting. I speak my mind if you havent already noticed. I dont do it often, and I try to do it in the most civilized way possible. If I dont agree with something, dont be surprised if you dont hear me say something. Umm, my sister owns a guinea pig, and I think I'm allergic to it. I have a fish, I got it as I am writing this. I've had a tough life. I've been through some experiences that I dont think many of those reading it have been through. Again, message me... I know plenty of the Vets of MT very well. I try to get in mumble as much as I can. I am trying to sound professional, but fun at the same time... And I hate applications <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>. At this point I dont know what else to say. I've spent atleast an hour writing this (not straight <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) And I want to say thank you to those who read it all the way through. If I've missed anything, anyone who is reading this has some questions, feel free to add me on Skype: Insert0Name0Here, or Message me here on the forums. Thanks again, and best of luck to the others applying.

--Insert