Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 50k Credit, Winner take all P.V.P. Event!!!
Started by [E] Lomanic [1]

That pvp event was a fricking joke. My pvp is turned off the whole time, even though I mentioned it was messed up several times. Then, the instant it gets turned on, I get killed from behind. I would have been fricking ready for an attack if my pvp were actually working! Get your sh*t sorted before you create events relying on faulty plugins!
You can always leave if you dislike the server's plugins that much.

Considering this server is running so many plugins, it's doing a hell of a lot better than anybody could have anticipated. Plus, this sounds a little too much like an excuse.

HEY NO FAIR I WASN'T READY.
Ok, I am greatly dissatisfied with this event.

First of all, there was a pvp glitch that was not fixed. So some players could not fight each other. And some impatient people moved on without killing their partners which messed up the initial "singles" aspect of the event.

What makes me angry though is how this event was administered. Even after being told that there were issues and that people were proceeding without killing their partners, the administrators let the event go on. And in the end, there were many people in the final room who had their pvp off due to the glitch and also those who I assume had their pvp on.

And so, people started to set those who were glitched out on fire.

Next, I do not know what happened, but while I was typing, I noticed that my health was going down very fast and also that I was on fire again. I am not sure if the mod suddenly fixed the pvp glitch, but I think others could suddenly attack me. In the end I died while running away, trying to understand whats going on.

Just hope that future events will be better administered.
The event is over winners have been paid. There were issue that were handled to the best of our abilities. If you dont like it, dont enter future events.
Meh, I wasn't there so I shouldn't judge.

Who won, out of interest?
sonic_recreation!
Lomanic wrote:
The event is over winners have been paid. There were issue that were handled to the best of our abilities. If you dont like it, dont enter future events.

The man has spoken.
Antonyo you where one of the ones who's pvp was turning off. I was having to constantly toggle yours back on. Where you doing something that could have lead to your pvp turning off? We are looking into what was going with the pvp right now. There will be future events like this but this was the first and as such had a couple glitches.
TPrezzley wrote:

Considering this server is running so many plugins, it's doing a hell of a lot better than anybody could have anticipated. Plus, this sounds a little too much like an excuse.

You're right. Being blindsided when you don't even know if a mod has fixed your pvp glitch is TOTALLY how the event was intended to be played...

And don't worry about me entering future events. I want nothing more to do with this SNAFU of a server.
UJustGotTrolled wrote:
TPrezzley wrote:

You're right. Being blindsided when you don't even know if a mod has fixed your pvp glitch is TOTALLY how the event was intended to be played...

And don't worry about me entering future events. I want nothing more to do with this SNAFU of a server.

The staff were doing everything in their power to ensure that it ran smoothly, as ever. But as is the case with most things, they sometimes go wrong and unfortunately, this was one of those times.

Very rarely on Minetown do we hear of bad events, you just got unlucky, I'm afraid. It didn't mean you had to be offensive about the management of the event. They work hard to try and get things right for members.

But then, you don't care as you're leaving. Bye bye Snafu!