Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Build School
Started by [E] Pljz

Hey all,

Something I've thought would be fun for a while is to host a builder's school so people can learn how to improve their builds, learn new styles, different techniques, and the like.

Here's a general list of what I'm willing to teach:

• Planning your builds
  • Building styles
  • Structures
  • Depth
  • Landscaping
  • Terrain(mountains, cliffs, hills)
  • Organics(statues, trees)
  • Greenery
  • Adding life to your builds
  • Interior
  • Other(please say what you want)

I'm willing to accept other teachers(with pay!) as well as applicants to the school. If you want to join the school, please click the link below and talk to me in the discord.

Join the discord here! https://discord.gg/7Ej3jtE

Hope to be working with you soon!

Some applicants may think that this is a subsidiary of the build team, but please note that this school has no affiliation with it, it is strictly something ran by me for the purposes of wanting to help players learn how to improve the quality of their builds.
Applying for Teacher:

What is your in game name?: lochiechoccie

What is your rank on the MT Creative server?: I have no idea; I did not know there were ranks. I haven't used the creative server in a while!

Where are your areas of expertise in building?: I can build a range of styles and designs. However, I have been building medieval style builds for the longest. Recently I've taken up a passion for modern/sci-fi.

Please give a portfolio of your build examples: Links below:

Builds found on the Main Server (my build is the one in the twisting tower in the foreground in the screenshot with the towers).

Modern build on the Agharta server.

I built the horses pictured here in the old Agharta Spawn.

These are some houses I built while working on the old Agharta Spawn a while ago.

Do you have Discord?: No. I don't even own a microphone to use it with.

Additional Information: I used to be part of the Build Team until I quit due to school. I thought that information may be useful. Additionally, I would love to help with your project because the chance to share the joy of building is something that I can't pass by!
4cc7aa703a.png
46iJxDX.gif

But seriously, +1 on this, it's a great idea
Student Application

Dinocraftermax (Dino for short I guess)

Everything... I love how some of my builds that take time look but Scot doesn't, so I believe it is time to fix that dilemma.

Central time zone... I should be able to play after 1:00 PM on everyday but Wednesday. If I'm not on, I am probably playing Steam games with other friends.

No, do not, and will not, have Discord. I don't like the idea of talking to others online if I don't know them and my new PC is unable to get audio into headphones as it is hooked to the TV.
@10306395 wrote:
Student Application

Everything... I love how some of my builds that take time look but Scot doesn't, so I believe it is time to fix that dilemma.

Central time zone... I should be able to play after 1:00 PM on everyday but Wednesday. If I'm not on, I am probably playing Steam games with other friends.

No, do not, and will not, have Discord. I don't like the idea of talking to others online if I don't know them and my new PC is unable to get audio into headphones as it is hooked to the TV.

Next time I see you on we can start then ^^.

For the record about discord though; it's not *just* voice chats, it's also a messaging system, kind of like chat on the server. (seen below)

DiscordPTB_2016-07-14_14-23-54.png
@4773143 wrote:
@10306395 wrote:
Student Application

Next time I see you on we can start then ^^.

For the record about discord though; it's not *just* voice chats, it's also a messaging system, kind of like chat on the server. (seen below)

DiscordPTB_2016-07-14_14-23-54.png

Ah, I see. Then perhaps I'll change my mind <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>. See you on discord.
Teacher:

What is your in game name?: Zionia000

What is your rank on the MT Creative server?: Good Question...Hopefully Mod+ish still

Where are your areas of expertise in building?: Water (Fountains, Signs, Flow Architecture), Exterior Design, Large Buildings, Malls/Shopping Centers, Town Planning

Please give a portfolio of your build examples: Err...i need to go grab some from classic/aggy...will update when i get a chance to find them all...if you have access to classic, /warp z12 or z13 should be my graveyard of builds...

Do you have Discord?: Yes

Student:

What is your in game name?: Zionia000

What do you want to learn from the list above?: Interior Design, Landscaping/Terrain, Trees

When are you available?(time zone, days of the week): Most Evenings EST

Do you have Discord?: Yes
@952775 wrote:
-snip-

Shoot me a message when you're around, we can go through some of the stuff ^^
Student:

What is your in game name?: DrQuestions

What do you want to learn from the list above?: Everything... i think

When are you available?(time zone, days of the week): Mon-Fri 5pm-9pm eastern standard time, sat/sun basically anytime

Do you have Discord?: Ya