Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] help re-release an old game
Started by [E] xcrimsonmasterx

Hello Minetownians, this will be more for the older members of the site (as in those with creditcards and disposable income).

the game i am talking about is "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards" originally released in 1987 and has an ESRB rating of M (to the forum mods, ifadvertizing an m rated game is against the rules, im sorry. i would like to note that the rating is at least 10 years old and much worse has come out since). it was pirated to the point that there were about 6 pirated copys for every legitimate one, reaching as far as eastern europe.

Replay Games announced on their blog in June 2011, that they had acquired a license for the Leisure Suit Larry series. Replay Games plans to re-release the titles it has licensed for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, XBLA, PSN, On-Live, and Steam.

in order to produce the game they have setup on the site, Kickstarter.com. people can donate to the development of the game and get rewards in return (doesnt that sound familiar).

*Disclaimer: i do not work for or know anyone at Replay Games, i have donated and just want this to succeed and spread knoledge of this site around. also i just want to mention that i still plan on donating to minetown when able as well*

This seems very intriguing - I'm looking into it now <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
bump, only bump i will give it
Kickstarter has helped a lot of developers out there lately, but there's a reason why this 'Franchise' (If it's considered even that) somewhat died off, poor sells without a single doubt in my mind, plus it's latest title received flat out worst Game of the Year by multiple critics.

Even if it does reach it's $500k goal, it's probably going to have no marketing at all(Due to having no publisher) poor sells unless it's going to be a free digital download which I doubt, possibly poor scores(depending on if the critics even waste their time on it.)

I'm not saying this could be a terrible game, but with the past history this franchise has, I don't see this going anywhere. Btw I liked his little Tim Shafer joke haha.