Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Offensive and somewhat racist/anti-greek comments.
Started by Unknown User

Starting at approximately 7:56 EST last night there was a string of offensive comments from multiple people in global chat. Most/all of the comments were derogatory and aimed at greek culture or greeks in general. Being part greek, I'm seriously offended. I can't provide any evidence because I'm playing on a mac, and therefore my screenshot command is 'cmd' + 'shift' + '4'. Ordinarily that wouldn't impact my ability to take screenshots, but in this case, using the command minimizes my Minecraft client, and it is impossible to take a screenshot of the chat. I'm sure if you were to look into the chat logs from between 7:55 EST or so, you'd see exactly what I'm talking about. To clarify, this thread is directed at the player "Coffeey" who made most of the offensive comments.
I apologise greatly for offending you. I thought I was joking when I insulted olives and yoghurt.... and the economy?

Anyways I accept full responsibility for this (lol) and Il make sure not to make remark about olives an yoghurt again...

See these things are jokes and i get stick for being irish sometimes but you put up with it and you laugh...

Sorry again. Could you apologise to your olives for me?
If you go and check the logs, you will see that me and Coffeey were talking about the Greek economy, about which I'm sure many of you may know, is poor at present. This is not racist, not at all.

It is a factual observation with no racial offense involved. I'm sure that you'll all agree.

As we continued, you continued to get offended. After this, jokes were made that you should go back to your Fetta and Olives, or along those lines - merely to make a point.

If you were offended at these comments, I have to say that you should be a little more thick-skinned. No racism was involved here, only an economic discussion. I'm sorry you took this to heart.

EDIT: Having re-read the title, I noticed that you said Anti-Greek. This is entirely fabricated, nothing Anti-Greek was said in the slightest - Me? I love Greece. I've been there and I adore the country, the people and the culture. Please don't make myself and Coffeey out to be bad people.

Again, I'm sorry you took offence.
I was there at the scene of the "supposed" crime. Nothin' happened that was racist blah blah blah. Nuff said.
Wow

From what I see it looks like another case of someone being over sensitive....

If you found it offensive why not say in the chat?

Seems like you just want to get people in trouble, I hate people that do that

On the other hand, these two are great liers lol

So who can tell until the records are looked at
BARNEY626 wrote:
these two are great liers lol

Excuse me?
sinking-titanic-abandon-thread-PxXROt.jpg

Really, without screenshots and the fact that stuff like this happens on the server every day this shouldn't even be an issue.

Seeing as this thread has great shitstorm potential, I suggest we listen to the picture.
Tp, u heard me

If no evidence comes up soon

/lock plz?

Before this turns into ANOTHER verbal war?
I agree, no need for a thread. Simply make a PE, staff can check the logs.
Sequel_Sentry wrote:
sinking-titanic-abandon-thread-PxXROt.jpg

Really, without screenshots and the fact that stuff like this happens on the server every day this shouldn't even be an issue.

Seeing as this thread has great shitstorm potential, I suggest we listen to the picture.

True story bro.