Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] central lava furnace facility idea
Started by [E] IsTank

One of my biggest issues with lava furnace is that the chunk has to be active for it work as best as I can tell. A solution I think that would be fitting for this is if we built a large lava furnace building. a tall multi-room facility where players can buy a plot, locate thier lavafurnace and store additional lava buckets as well as have a small smelting vault to store ores. I have land and am willing to build the facility (it would be pretty and efficient). Since there is only a 1 furnace per player cap that would mean relocating your furnace there but if there was enough activity it could be regularly smelting. If the interest is there I will be happy to start building it. I would just need someone to help me set up the permissions and such.
Actually, if you built it, you can build the furnaces as well, because they don't become "active" untilled you put the sign on it. That being said, all the new plot owner has to is do is slap the sign on, fill with mats and lava, and good to go.
It would be good if it was in a busy town or area like the spawn, or a town like Nimaro, rather than just depending on people going to use their furnace to load the chunk, because generally they would go there for a couple of seconds to put something in or take something out o the furnace and then leave, so it would take a while. However this is a good idea and if the area you had in mind was high traffic then it would be great! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I am going to build a single player model and see how much space it would take and then maybe someone high up the foodchain could put it in the spawn area or close by. If there is a super active town somewhere that would work too but somewhere near spawn would be ideal.
Wow, this is brilliant. Id relocate.
If you built it and showed it to me I would be happy, as long as ronvandorp and Nicuru are, to build it in Nimaro where it would get a decent amount of traffic!

Let me know what you think <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
well no matter where it winds up I am starting it in creative to come up with a few different ideas. will be happy to post here as the build comes together.
as a warning... if this is going in a town... i dont do anything small. i go big or go home.
ok so here is the general idea so far. it is big but i am going to make a smaller one as well (maybe). it is basically about 40 blocks by 30 blocks and each floor to the bottom of the next floor is 7 block i think and there are 4 vaults/furnace areas per floor and each has ample space that the person can add a crafting table if desired.
Well as long as the building looks decent, on the outside atleast, it would be fine in Nimaro, they do have the zoo after all and that thing is huge!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> The inside and design is looking good so far though!