Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Duckshop Donation Mixup
Started by [E] Diskenetic

See also PE 3070

So I set up a pretty extravagant shop, including an ATM and a Donation Sign at /warp diskoshop...

My shop in my town, diskenetica.. anyways.

Problem is that I mixed up the "nothing" line and the "$5" line, allowing the free exchange of $5 for nothing rather than donating to me and he shop.

Now I understand this is my mixup, but I had about 16K in MTC, and the fact that someone would stand there and click over 3000 times to drain my account feels a little shady to me. Kinda like taking advantage of their fellow gamer.. Plus it doesn't even look like they bought anything from my shop... (kinda scary cuz they coulda drained my entire inventory.)

Now I am not looking for any kind of refund from staff or even a ban of the offender because it was my mistake:

But if he person/s that did this are out there I would just like their ill will towards their fellow Minetowner to become public knowledge, and so that I can refuse them any support in the future, because they obviously cannot be trusted.

And if you are reading this knowing you did it.. There is now a fixed donation sign, feel free to listen to your conscious and return what you did not earn to an honest shopkeep.. me. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Thank you.
Off with their hands!
Lol.
This is plain exploitation, if somebody did this I would happily let them know straight away instead of taking advantage of an obvious mistake.
Which one makes more sense: letting them know or wearing out your mouse while chuckling to yourself.. not realizing that all this little thing did was proove no mater how many spawners you can purchase now.. you will always be alone...

I am pretty sure this occured while I was online too.. out collecting stock for my AWSOME SHOP /warp DiskoShop with reasonable prices..l (shameless plug while I am at it
If I did it, I would have recorded a macro that clicks for me. It would have drained your account in seconds with no spamming of the mouse. I guarantee the one who did this used a quick macro to do it.

As a shop owner, you're responsible for the price you put up, even if it's a mistake. There's been quite a few situations where businesses have failed to price correctly, and have eaten the cost. A couple hundred people got a massive TV from Best Buy for just over 100 bucks because they had the price wrong on the website. Instead of 1200, they put 120, and to top it off, it was free shipping. The company still paid it because purchasing is an implied contract between buyer and seller.

Does this make the guy who did it free from a moral obligation? No, he's still an ass for doing it, but he did nothing that broke the rules, nor is he some evil forever alone guy that's out to get you. By making a shop, you inherit the risks of owning the shop, including making purchasing/selling mistakes.

Why do you guys put donation signs up anyways? The only time I've clicked a donation sign is by accident, and I got pretty pissed even though it was just $5. I'm already paying you guys for product, why should I donate to you?
So what's the big deal, well there isn't really a bug deal , just my own big opinion regarding the thrill of the chase.. I am not excusing the mistake but I offer no quarter to the

It was my mistake, and I ate the loss.. it tasted like ground up burnt chicken turds.. without any toast

Mistakes happen, and this being a game it is not really significant. But one's mistake, or the cleverness in which that mistake is exploited, or how skillfully one surfs the line between right and wrong should not be excuses, especially if they feel their cleverness or ability to avoid persecution are reasons to escaping my verbal rantings and wild assumptions regarding their social ineptness <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

And Best Buy did not honor the pricing mistake.. they fixed it and people had to reorder at the normal price.. it was a 52 inch fo 9.99 ...

Quick macro or not, the intent was there to rip off another player.. wether they did it cleverly or not still goes to paint a pretty picture about their charecter. I won't ever find out who, but would you want to work/play with someone who ripped you off.. even if it was legal? Amoral: exploit the mistake, Moral: /tell diskenetc "hey, you messed up your donate sign, I just took your money." I was in game when this occured, so that coulda happened, Tprezzle so eloquintly put ^^ .

Would it be a rule break if I caught them and said "hey, stop, could you please return your ill gotten wares" and they refused and said "suck it..your mistake sucker..."

but it is not a rule break because they can't be caught.. ahhh.. the joy of the grey area.

Morality is a quality, but this is just a game, so I don't really expect to find it..But it is refreshing when it does occur. Without it its simple exploitation and disrespect, and its less fun because you always have to wonder what fool out there is going to jump on the next mistake they come across. I make mistakes, but what about if a new guy loses all his stuff because he made the same mistake.. what it better: Hey buddy, suck it up or : Hey, that sucks, here is the mistake, let me help you fix it..

.. if it were a MOD, or a spawn marketshop that made the mistake you would bet all kinds of ruckus would be raised, I am just raising a little of my own..

I earned all that fundage, and my inventory legitmaately, without explointing anything or anyone else.. The person that did this prob has done so before or taken advantage of some loophole before.. And I will recover it legitimately by shamelessly plugging : /warp diskoshop, the widest selection and best prices outside spawn!!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Donations go back into the shop, restock inventory, allow for vault ourchase and most importantly adding features to the town.. like spawners, XP farms etc etc.. some of which I have up and some of which are again delayed until I recoup the losses.

And if you accidently donated to a reputable shop/owner with no intent of taking advantage of these opportunities I'm sure they would have returned your mistake had you asked.

. and if they made you eat your mistake it would leave a bad tase in your mouth too.. like ground up chicken turds.. burnt.. without toast.

And while you are correct in your statement crab, it obviously triggered a rant and in no way do I point any blame or flame at you for expressing your opinion.. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>