Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Vordingborg - Building Project, by Andreas_P_J
Started by [E] Andreas_P_J

First off I'd like to tell a little about myself, I'm a Dane, living in the Southern part of Sjælland (Zealand or Sjaelland same same), my hometown is named Vordingborg and I've been a lot into castles, which is why I bought Minecraft. Now the town itself, the one I'm building will most likely not end up looking like Vordingborg, it's kind a hard to find proper drawing or schematics over the old castle. I'll be using building design from JamziboyMinecraft since I found his design very interesting and fitting for the town, since I'm aiming at making it pure medieval styled (the best that I now can).

The town will be rather large, so it's divided in four section: Northeast, Northwest (both Northern areas will be normal styled medieval), Southeast (Wood styled area, houses made out of as much wood as possible) and Southwest (winter like area, the style here'll mainly be viking). There'll be two harbors, one in each end (North and South), they'll hold limited space since I'm expanding the coastlines, they are the way they are, which's nice looking. I'll try to make different event zones in each of the sections, an arena (just a typical one, for PVP), a maze and some other ideas that haven't popped out of my head just yet, you're welcome to come up with ideas of events, though there's limited space and I'll try to keep the maximum of events per section on one.

You're also welcome to ask me for a plot in this city, I'll make the house for you, or you can have the pleasure of doing it yourself, one term must upholder though: Medieval style please (the interior doesn't matter, just as long as it looks medieval from the outside).

The space I'm building on is approximately 270x400 (not all protected yet) and so far, it's just little me running around making towers and planning out the wall design, height etc.

If you're interested in donating, helping out or anything about New Vordingborg, do contact me either in game or here on the forums. Keep in mind that I play after the Paris timeline, so it's limited how fast I can answer compared to where you live at/play from.

Greets

Andreas

PS! If you find someone else with great designs on youtube or whatever for Minecraft, do post a comment with a link or picture! Help in anyway is much appreciated!

PSS! The warp have obviously for good reasons not been handed out yet, due to the area I'm building on isn't protected, just yet (due to missing building) but when I've established the towers which will mark the different directions (North, South etc) I'll make a PE for the protection.

So far a keep (example) has been established, alongside a minor lighthouse, some small towers to the west of the keep, and a house have been built.

A tower to the outer West has been completed, as well as a tower in the Southeast.
Some of the timelapses from thefyreuk channel on YouTube show some pretty nice castles and you could find a few nice ones from thevoxelbox as well. You should get a warp there if you don't already because it sounds awesome !
I'll be sure to check it out, as of right now some large portion of paperwork will take up my time, else have I been waiting with the warp for right to have the land protected (I don't like griefers, anyway who does?), so that is why I haven't come with a warp just yet, since covering 270x440 with buildings and such takes time, plus have I been making it public friendly (removing most caves and such so unwanted surprise falling when you glare at and take a stroll in the land.

If you're interested in having a special building made (they will be quite cheapish), just post a link with the video or videos showing the design you'd like.

Greets

Andreas

PS! I won't be that active this week, due to the paper work, though will I try and catch up on the work this weekend.
I'm not interested in buying or building I'm just an observer lol. But I do like it when new talent comes on, just stay away from the lot selling business.