Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Chat filter misses words
Started by Unknown User

Muther**** isn't blocked by chat filter, same with many variations of it.
MotherChocolateing filter!

It's also got rid of the "We Love Minetown" filter.
Filters are difficult to implement due to the exact problem you're posting about. Adding all the variations of swearing is impossible, because people can simply come up with new words, or substitute symbols for some of the letters of the word.

If you're offended by what people are saying, use /ignore .
Yeah, but just you guys know. Motherfucker isn't blocked either... I mean... that's something that should be fixed.
There was a whole thread on this not long ago, and the filter does seem to have been loosened to maintain the ability to exercise indevidual freedom... but.... Remember that the intent of the filter is to ease the workload on the mods so they can spend less time tracking down every offensive immature incidence that occurs. While being immature unfortunately is not against the rules, harassment and inappropriateness is. If someone is being inappropriate, the MODs will catch it and it will be dealt with appropriately.

Just to be clear: the occasional slip is not necessarily inappropriate, but the fact that you must type your expletive is the employment of a secondary processing center in your brain and therefor negates the argument of being "impulsive" and instead just paints the offender as being an immature newb with an obviously lower level of education and/or a lack of experience exercising appropriate restraint in the interest of maintaining their impulses withing the accepted cultural norms of society. . . so when you see it, don't be offended by the uncouth nature, revel in their obvious disregard for the enjoyment of others hat will undoubtedly result in a ban appeal that is fun for all of us to read <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Rules:

Use chat appropriately

Refrain from explicit language and "1337 sp34k"

Refrain from explicit language (voice chat)

that's not too hard.. and its even in bold on the rules page.

And remember too that if you are making MT un-fun for others.. you will be ostracized and eliminated from enjoying it for yourself..
Just so you know, I made this post when I heard it in general chat. I wasn't the one cursing. It seemed like something which should be reported, so here I am on the 'Report' forums. I appreciate the feedback, but please, don't accuse me of breaking the rules by discovering a word which isn't blocked by the chat filter. I am honestly offended by your brash assumption. I don't appreciate it when people assume that by doing the right thing and reporting a problem, I am reporting the problems which I myself have discovered through my own actions. In this case, the action of discovery requires breaking the rules, something I would NEVER do.
clarity statement: the "you" was a generalized term no offense intended, i assumed as such you were reporting, not the offensive party and by no means is there untent to accuse you of anything.. if anything I am in support of your report..

by "you" i was tefering to those you speak of., not "you" as in you..

definatly report those that are being offensive and making you experience less positive..

and brashness is one of my finer qualities, so i apologize if my intent was unclear in my post.
Ah. I must have misread it. I apologize for my hostility. I've been having a bad day.

It might just be me, but the responses to this as a whole seem to somehow evade the topic I posted about. By starting this thread I merely meant to let the staff know that the aforementioned words are not filtered whatsoever in game. Seeing as how they're fairly common vulgarities, I just thought the staff might like to know. I didn't intend for the page to incur the 'wisdom' of other players, although it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who cares.
i actually intend for all of my "wisdom" to be contained it quotation marks.. its like a disclaimer.. I habitually air quote when I am treating patients as well so it is all good..
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or honesty... >.<