Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Official: In-Game Auction Rules
Started by [E] Zionia

This is a PSA from your friendly staff members to help ensure all players are having a safe, fun, fair experience in Mine Town.

In regards to In-Game Auctions.

The staff are getting tired with players not understanding how a live auction works. So here is a rundown and the rules regarding in-game, Live Auctions.

Sample Live Auction:

!: Player (Auctioneer) wants to sell an item. Notices the crowd is good for selling.

2: "/trade Selling Enchanted Pick! Silk, Eff-4, Unbrek-3. Bid starts at 32d!" or whatever other item you wish to sell

3: players begin making bids in gold, diamond, MTC, or other forms of trade.

4: auctioneer announces top accepted bid and player as they are recieved. As bids slow, give a going once, going twice warning for last second bids.

5: Sold! Player XYZ has purchased the Pick for 30,000MTC and a stack of cookies. TP/warp to meet me with the payment for the pick!

6: payment and item are exchanged.

If there is an issue when step 5-6 comes around, staff may step in to assist with the situation. Note that staff are no longer going to put up with auction scamming. If you win the bid, you win and must pay up. No excuses. No exceptions. Just lots of bans if you fail to do otherwise, so be careful those of you who enjoy upping the bids...

Rules

For Auctioneers:

~You are running the auction. If you put out an item for bid, know that once someone makes a bid, it is on the market. If you want to control the low end of what you will take, you should state "Opening bid starts at #gold/diamond/MTC" in your post. If someone bids and the price doesnt get high enough for you, sorry, but you have put it up for public 'LIVE' auction and if it passes the minimum start bid, it is to be sold to the highest bid you take.

~You run the auction. If you feel someone is just running the price, you have the right to refuse to acknowledge their bids. You may also call the auction to close at any bid you deem suitable for you. Highest bidder doesnt always win in every auction when the seller is also the auctioneer.

~It is recommended you do auctions in trade or in a local setting. Announcing that you are auctioning your item at /warp someplace in local only will get people who are truly interested rather than the jokers and people driving the price up for kicks.

For Bidders:

~If you make the winning bid, you MUST pay the amount you bid. No ifs ands or buts about it. Failure to do so will result in a temporary ban from the server due to scamming the auction.

~Players are allowed to 'run the bid' but you must be smart and know how to judge an auction or you will get stuck with it. The Auctioneer can call the bid closed at any time of their choosing. If they think you are running up the bid, they can literally 'screw' you by declaring you the winner and demanding their pay. Be smart when dealing with auctions or you will find yourself in deep trouble.

~Know your limit before you start bidding. I you win the bid but dont have enough to pay, you are going to be in trouble. Not only with the player, but also with staff as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here. I will remind you again, running the bid is allowed, however, if you win, you MUST PAY or you WILL be banned.
I was unexcited when I saw the title of this thread, fearing that it would simply be a set of nanny rules.

I am pleased to have been wrong in my initial assumption. I think these are fair rules and agree with their implementation.
Great rules for the auctions, i was aswell getting tired of all the scams, whinning, not giving items for price to low. Hopefully people now take this into consideration when bidding/auctioning. Thank you for this. I am pleased to see it. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Haha, these all seemed like common sense rules xD. Well common sense isn't so common anymore...
Just make sure you take lots of screenshots. Player doesnt pay up? Report him x
Much needed, thanks MD.
yea, they are common sense, but this is the internet...common sense doesnt exist so we have to put it down in white and black. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

im glad you approve slurth XD
thanks zio and staff. no more warnings for me for upping the bid <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f608.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":evil:">:evil:</object> time to play kiddys <3