Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] X-ray question
Started by [E] lmcke169

I have X-ray installed do i need to uninstall it or can i just not use it

i am wondering cause i use it on a different server and i dont want to uninstall but i dont want to be banned before i even connect for the first time

You can NOT have any type of X-ray texture or add-on. Officers will catch and ban you for using it to your advantage.
no i mean i wont use it but will it ban me another server banned me automatically upon connection i dont want that to happen
The plugins we have will log you for having it on login, and you may be banned as soon as you log on. I'd reccommend backing up your files and making a clean new .minecraft, one for Minetown, and one for whatever else.
Although we can't really track xray mining until it is being used, I highly advise you to remove it. I have you know, I am an expert in tracking xray miners...

Edit: removing the mod removes temptation to use it.
dont risk it, if it is used at all,you will be banned
ok i will delete when you say expert on tracking is that in logs or looking at mining patterns
lmcke169, we generally don't take action if you have cheats installed, but do not use them. You could, in theory, have the x-ray installed and as long as you do not use it, we won't ban you for it.

That being said, we *CAN* tell if x-ray has been used. There are a number of methods, including patterns, logs, and statistical analysis, which we use to determine if a player has been x-ray mining and use to take appropriate action; It doesn't matter much which methods are used, we're more than happy to use all that are necessary to figure out what was going on. I would highly advise that you uninstall the mod while playing on our servers, as too often have people fallen for the temptation of hitting the key to turn it on. The laziness of not uninstalling it when you join our server is not worth the risk of getting banned from the community. I have personally seen Yield's abilities at finding and detecting x-ray mining, and they are not to be trifled with.