Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Should I Release This?
Started by [E] marswithrings

I'm considering releasing this song I wrote and recorded as a single on iTunes. However, it costs a little bit of money to get stuff on the iTunes store, so before I do that I want to get a better feel for how people like it. I have the Youtube video below so you guys can listen to it if you care to give me some feedback.

Please note that I did alter the mix slightly after the Youtube release, so the version of the song that would go on iTunes sounds slightly different - mostly, the vocals on the verse were boosted so they're easier to hear. Also, I'm aware that, without advertising, there may not be enough people who find my music for me to make any real money - I'm mostly just wondering if you guys think this is good enough for me to break even on the $10 I'll spend posting it to iTunes.

This is definitely rock/metal, so if anybody here can't stomach screaming I'd suggest you pass on this. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

Thanks guys!

I like it, but I don't think its easy enough to get exposure for music from smaller genres like this to make it worthwhile. Also, I think the screaming and some of the singing could be a little cleaner, but maybe thats just me. I like the intro, but as a drummer the drums sound a little weird.
i like the beginning when its a calm paced im not really into the metal but if you can make up 2 songs 1 thats metal and one thats hip-hop R&B and then put them both up on itunes that would be great i would buy the hip hop one
RadicalMGuy wrote:
I like it, but I don't think its easy enough to get exposure for music from smaller genres like this to make it worthwhile. Also, I think the screaming and some of the singing could be a little cleaner, but maybe thats just me. I like the intro, but as a drummer the drums sound a little weird.

I was wondering if anybody would notice the drums, hahaha. Actually, I had to write the drum part piece-by-piece with synthetic drums in GarageBand. It sounds weird because I'm not actually a drummer, but the bright side is that since they don't need to be recorded, it's not overly difficult to adjust the drums. If you have something a specific suggestion on how to make the drums better, I can look into it.

Edit - The vocals are a little cleaner on the new mix.