Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] TWO Suggestions. TWO!
Started by [E] marswithrings

I have suggestions! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

1 - Assign some board mods soon. I'd say probably not right away, because you'll want to see who is generally active on the boards and who you can trust with that responsibility. But I think it's already a lot to ask you guys to manage a Minecraft server - it's borderline ridiculous to ask you to manage the server and the server's community, imo.

2 - Lock down some of the forum sections for the general public. Perhaps in News and Announcements, only an administrator can start a thread. This way, regular builders are more likely to read new posts in such forums, because we'll know that yee almighty admins bothered posting something, so it's probably important.
Also, correct the typos. I've seen more than one instance of "Mintown" instead of "Minetown" already.
RadicalMGuy wrote:
Also, correct the typos. I've seen more than one instance of "Mintown" instead of "Minetown" already.

Bahaha. Because of this, I would also suggest that we add a "Like" button to the site. xD

4 suggestions.
well there are four admins and cody-the owner, were managing atm but mods would be helpful in the near future.

The 2. we have locked down some of the forum suggestions! i am currently working on getting more people into the server at this moment.

the only thing i see with number 1 is that if we give someone a day to prove that their good enough for a admin spot on the forums, but their really a bitch they have the right to remove someone from the site without our permission i understand where you are coming from but ever since we moved servers we have had lots of people come into the server and we really need donations to keep the server going as it costs money to keep a site like this but for now with roughly 50 people registered on the site i think we got it pretty much under control now but we will try to get more people in the future <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
I've run boards like this before, there really should be a place where you can create something on the boards like ranks or titles with specific rights. For example, they may have basic posting rights, in addition to the right to move or delete threads, or maybe simply to moderate the forums. I would be really surprised if there isn't a way for you to create your own ranks on the boards, and moderately surprised if there isn't a "Moderator" preset you can assign people to.

Of course, I would expect you to give people more than a day to prove themselves. Normally, people who want to moderate boards (in any community I have been part of) need to apply for the position, and more serious communities even require the new moderators to sign paperwork agreeing to keep the secrets of the moderator world and not destroy everything and such.

I know you guys go it under control for now, like you said, so take it easy. I'm just saying you should keep it in mind, if you know what I mean. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
we never mentioned that we are looking for mods etc now, we are just saying as some one posted we should have mods, and i was simply replying that we are fine now, but may possibly be looking for some moderators in the future, and i have run small forums too, i know how to create ranks, etc, just as you said, it has been 2/3 days, too early for that sor of stuff, so basicly just saying to look out for openings in the futue

Moooncow
Yea for sure, I was mostly replying to daniel on that. I was suggesting what you just said you're doing; I have no complaints. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I agree with you 100% It sounds like you know what you are talking about and have experience. If you would like to be a forum moderator let me know. Thanks for the suggestions. They are very much appreciated.