Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Regarding Matt's Climb event Apr 03
Started by [E] subignition

neildotp was the first to finish the course, but he turned down the prize. I was the second person in the winner's box followed by Destroyer1239 in third.

dancraft200 seems to be adamant that I pushed him on the final course and as such he deserves the prize. He claims to have footage of the whole event but when asked to prove his allegation with evidence said he didn't want to go through all the video or take the time to edit out his voice from the audio. He also claims he was the first to use the exit of the previous level and that that can be verified through some sort of server logs.

From my perspective, I was the first to enter the final leg of the course. I missed the final jump on my first attempt, but broke my fall partway down the course, at which point dancraft200 was in the lead. (If there was any point at which I bumped into him it would have been falling onto the earlier part of the course, but he was not on that part.) As I made my way back up to retry the final jump, I saw dancraft200's avatar falling off the side of the course.

I can think of two reasons why the prize is not rightfully his: first, as above, I did not push him intentionally or at all to the best of my knowledge, and second, he was not the third person to finish the course regardless so even if I were to receive an ex post facto disqualification the prize should be given to Destroyer1239.

I have put the untouched prize (8 DB and full chainmail armor) in a chest in my house. I will let it sit there for several days before I enjoy it in case anyone can prove it should be given to someone else. I do not like being accused of cheating.

In unrelated news, Climb is awesome and I look forward to playing it again.

Easter Edit: It's been almost a week, enough said. Please lock.