Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Collapsible Scaffoldings
Started by [E] marswithrings

Frequently in Minecraft, we find ourselves in need of some scaffolding to get us up the sides of our buildings, or maybe even just straight up to start a floating island. But that scaffolding is usually a bit of an eyesore, and detracts from the pure awesomeness flowing forth from whatever you just built.

So what I want to know, is how do you guys handle scaffolding? Do you just leave it up, or do you take it down? If you take it down, how do you manage that?

Personally, I have come to favor collapsible scaffolding. By building scaffolding out of blocks such as sand or gravel that do not float, they can be torn down from the bottom. But what do you guys do?
I tend to build ladders on my projects, as you can stand on it if there is none above like this:

H=ladder

o=block

o

o

o<---you stand about here

H

o

H

o

H

And you can just look down and break them, easy. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I usually just sand on the walls or roof as I make it, but if I fall, I'll just make a tower of blocks straight up. I can take all the scaffolding down when I'm done, anyways. So it doesn't bother me at all (unless I forget to take the scaffolding down, of course >.<)
if you turn your sound down, Use cactus. It is environment friendly, and placing a block of dirt next to the bottom will make the whole thing come down. good luck beating that.