Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Add Foreign Language Channel
Started by [E] punkypal

Every so often we get Asian or European players that may speak little English. The rule is only English in the general chat, but what if a group of friends all want to chat together but in the language they are most comfortable?

English only speakers can ignore that channel if it bothers them. I don't see a downside to this idea.
I can see what you are saying but don't know that we have enough of a need for one, in the past when we had groups that preferred to speak to each other in a different language they were asked them to use local chat, as they usually built in proximity, or to private message. Fun ide3a, but I dont see a large enough player base that would use it :/
It's a good idea, it just wouldn't serve much practicality for us; given we very rarely have those of foreign tongues that play enough, much less ones that play in groups.
A couple of days ago we had some German speakers come in. I felt bad when they were asked not to speak in the general chat unless they spoke English. They didn't speak much English, and I don't think they were always staying in local proximity while they were here. It didn't seem very welcoming. I thought it would be so much better if we could say, "The main chat is English only, but we do have a channel for you to use."

I know it does not happen often but if it isn't hard to set up then I still think it's worth the effort at least so we can be more friendly and accommodating when it does come up. Also, Bacon I'm sure will appreciate a channel to say "auf wiedersehen" in when he logs off.
I would like to have this channel. I'm bilingual with Spanish.