Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Community Input Requested!
Started by [E] Jared

There's only one thing that I would like, and it's a world diameter that's slightly larger. I have a project in mind that would hardly fit on the map if the diameter was a total of 10k. I do agree that a small world is better for performance, but to the amount of players that may join once the map rolls out, I predict a larger map will be necessary earlier on. That's most likely to be determined when it happens though
I wasn't suggesting an amplified world. I said a few select pieces of terrain could be copied over to add a little spice to the map.
I'd like to propose a few mods that might be considered (in the spirit of Morfs modded server suggestion)

FastLeafDecay - http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/230976-fastleafdecay This makes leaves decay faster. It sounds like it can be adjusted to set the speed (default is 5 sec for all leaves on average) The bad? might make using shears to pick leaf blocks tricky if speed is left at the default. If default decay speed can be adjusted then a slight increase in speed might be very nice.

Another link for Fast Leaf Decay - http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225839-fast-leaf-decay Not sure if this is a different mod or not.

Mounted Pearl - http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/232795-mounted-pearl-bring-your-mount-along-when-you When you throw an ender pearl, it brings the mount you are riding along too.

Will add more later
I Would like to see an exhibition world to collect resources without running into peoples claims. In such a small world with the buildings centered around spawn I think it would be hard to not run into other claims

I would also like to see an auction plugin.
It would also be cool if the votes gave you the points for a shop like now but also give you food instead of money
So essentially if the new map is used we lose all our work? I really do not want that..... I have left many servers in the past because they decided to go delete everything and start over. I would hate to see all my hours just go out the window. I am sure many people here have spent far more time than me and they too would not want all their hard work just disappear!

I think the distances now is kind of nice to avoid over crowding and leaves room for people to expand their claims/builds. I think if we lower the # of blocks it will end up being like a town... where you live too close to your neighbor to build the build of your dreams.
As a clarification, you will not be losing all of your work. This is not a reset of the world. Agharta will continue to run in tandem with the new main server, and will be kept updated for at least 6months before phasing into a museum state like classic was. I will repeat;

This is not a reset.
What is so awesome about this news is i lose all my accumulated wealth, yet again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Im excited to see the new and improved MT ... ill keep checking back for more exciting updates ... cheers!
@4773143 wrote:
As a clarification, you will not be losing all of your work. This is not a reset of the world. Agharta will continue to run in tandem with the new main server, and will be kept updated for at least 6months before phasing into a museum state like classic was. I will repeat;

This is not a reset.

Not a reset? I disagree. Essentially in 6 months I will not be able to play my Agharta with my builds as it is because it will become a "museum". I don't know how Classic was since I was not apart of Minetown at the time..... but I am guessing that when you museum a world it means you can't play it online with other people. Please correct me if I am wrong. I really do not want Agharta to be redone and the current one decommissioned. I did not even know the vote happened. I had real life issues which prevented me from playing Minecraft. I think we should do another vote and make it more well known that there is going to be a vote. 41 votes does not seem like a lot in my humble opinion.

I hope to be able to download Agharta once it is decommissioned so I can at least play it locally on my computer!
@7183348 wrote:
@4773143 wrote:

This is not a reset.

Not a reset? I disagree. Essentially in 6 months I will not be able to play my Agharta with my builds as it is because it will become a "museum". I don't know how Classic was since I was not apart of Minetown at the time..... but I am guessing that when you museum a world it means you can't play it online with other people. Please correct me if I am wrong. I really do not want Agharta to be redone and the current one decommissioned. I did not even know the vote happened. I had real life issues which prevented me from playing Minecraft. I think we should do another vote and make it more well known that there is going to be a vote. 41 votes does not seem like a lot in my humble opinion.

I hope to be able to download Agharta once it is decommissioned so I can at least play it locally on my computer!

With all due respect, the vote went on for a full week, with quite a bit of notice beforehand that it was going to happen. The vote passed, and the new world is being worked on. The majority outweighs the minority, and in this case the majority wants a new world. Quite frankly, we're not even obligated to keep Agharta running at all, but to placate that minority, we're keeping it as a live server for 6 months, and will still have it viewable after that for a time.