Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Community Input Requested!
Started by [E] Jared

My vote is for a new world, if and only if someone makes me an arena to shotgun kick fools into their graves.
Well, that's fell enough and explained well Jared and PLTJ. I'm sure everyone will have little things they do and don't like about changes but I'm sure on the whole it will be OK.

As to the size, instead of talking about it in theory could we perhaps put up a random test map that is 10k across and let people explore to get a hands of feel for it? I'd like to see how quickly we could map a significant portion of it &Test out how many of the rare biomes pop up, and such. After a full day of running around I just might be convinced 10k is plenty.

I did a little looking around and I think I found the realistic terrain mod mentioned. I watched some vids of it and though it looks very cool I had some reservations as well. I'm all for some world gen mod that makes a small tweak. That one seems just a tad too much.
Here is the climate control mod I was thinking of. Seems it hasn't been updated for a while so doubtful it could run anyway. It is interesting to read about though. I like that it could be set up to only make slight changes or big changes as desired.

http://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/Minecraft-Mod-Examination-Climate-Control#
I have a question is there a way to edit maps on a large scale to acomadate some huge bioms without have to tweak world gen do it after world gen so we can have a middle ground of sorts

Also I wish to be known as allmightyarcose and rule half the new map with an iron fist from atop a massive land bridge with a gist upside down castle hanging from it were I smite all who appose me
I'm on the fence, and going back and forth, but I want to change my poll vote IN FAVOR of a new world.

I want to refine down to two of the things I most would like to see happen.

1) I love the point shop rewards for voting. It would be nice if this was expanded and was the main reward of voting and no more MTC from voting. I think that's better for two reasons. The first: It seems voting glitches often and people don't get their MTC anyway. This just makes players not want to vote when that happens because they feel they are being gyped. The second: It does not mess with the economy by creating MTC out of nothing and it helps encourage trade at shops to go both ways. People would need to sell at player shops if they wanted to buy goods. Shops therefore become more worthwhile to run, and thus you should see more shops. (and one other note, again, that if the admin shop chooses to buy emerald it quickly can break certain items economy price because of villager trades. Mainly foodstuffs. I believe it would be better for trade if emerald price was not manipulated by the admin shop)

2) I hate that oceans are really just big lakes. Vanilla world creation makes too many of these big lakes. If we can't find a good world gen mod that does not cause glitches then I'd really like to be on a team (a one man team of need be) that will try to manually fix this to at least a small degree using world edit. If even two small "oceans" could be removed and two others could be merged It would make me much happy. I firmly believe it will make the map cooler and I volunteer to do the work if that's what it takes, and there still would be the same amount of ocean in the end. Did I mention it would make for a cooler map?
Personally there's only a few things I would like to see. As much as I'm for a reset economy where the slate is clean and we start from scratch, there needs to be a method of making money off of doing certain tasks, like how we have a sell warp now that pays for certain blocks. To add to this though, I feel as though it would be worthwhile to look into changing the values of certain things dependent on how much players farm them. For example, if you get a gigantic influx of jungle logs, the value should diminish to a point, making some other tree types more valuable.

Aside from worrying about economy, I am a HUGE sucker for McMMO. I will advocate for it again and again, as it makes doing the same tasks endlessly more worthwhile after a time. I get bored of woodcutting or mining or fishing and I really honestly want to do it as much as it takes until I'm stable. Many parts of the plugin are a bit ridiculous but I'd expect some of the more far-fetched things to be tweaked out, like catching TNT from fishing. You can expect I'll be playing far more with that being a feature in the 1.9 map.

Exploration is a very important thing to me, so making the map more worthwhile to explore would be desirable, but not truly necessary. Time and time again I go searching for places which would be ample for building upon, and sometimes I run into a huge landmark or a complex generation in a far out location. These kinds of things are what makes Minecraft interesting, and I would love to see some outlandish generations every now and again to keep exploration fresh.
I like what Morfs is saying and it gave me an idea that I believe may be worth doing (if it can be). I'm no expert in using world edit software but how seamless in appearance could a feature copied from one world be pasted into another? If it can be done naturally it might be very interesting to create an amplified world and then copy just a few very cool bits of land in select places of a new map. It might take a little build team effort to blend edges but it could be well worth it for all the explorer types to be able to discover.

I also got to thinking, there are real world geological formations that Minecraft does not create. Things like stone arches and balanced rocks on pillars. Caves with stalagmites or stalactites. Such creations made by the build team and placed in the world could be just as cool as any building
What about a potential modded server? like we could vote on certain modpacks or something like that (only a suggestion pls no hate)
While I do like the idea of a modded server, that'd have to be a whole separate topic to discuss. This is primarily about the new map. I myself don't have a good client for mods so I'd need some input to get that up and running.

On to what Punkypal has said, I do believe they said Amplified is most likely off the table. While it'd also be nice to see, I have to imagine it wouldn't be too great for a majority of the players that come onto the server. Wouldn't wanna disclude anyone from the 1.9 gameplay on the server. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f914.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":idea:">:idea:</object> However, it wouldn't hurt to look into some locations having an amplified-esque feel to them. Along with the ideas of the caves or the arches and other natural formations... Those kinds of things do work best in amplified worlds. If it were possible to add in some select biome types which would show up rarely or as small regions, we could do interesting formations in those locations. Also, in the nature of having said amplified biomes, it'd also help with some people that would want to be in a more secluded location, keeping those derned kids off your lawn.

Give a little to everyone, but not doing every favor for everyone.
Yeah, amplified is a definite no, for multiple reasons (that are listed by myself, and a few other players). The suggestion that Morfs made, while "possibly possible" would be very difficult to achieve, while also achieving a stable world. Given that we're keeping tampering with the terrain gen to an absolute minimum, and the difficulty, it's also off the table.

I'm going to leave this thread open so you guys can keep leaving suggestions on everything, as the new world vote was a majority yes and work on it will beginning soon.