Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown Point Shop
Started by [E] Pljz

rGU7vYi.png

Hey everyone,

I’m here to introduce something new to Minetown, something big. Prior to today, the only way to way to get access to certain commands and perks was through donating to the server. Now, that’s going to change. You may have noticed quite a while ago a counter below your name on the forums listing ‘points’.

L8N9X6G.png

This keeps track of how many times you have voted for the server, and these points can now be used here: http://minetown.net/pointshop, or in game with “/buy”. There’s quite a few perks in here, ranging from immediate kits, to permissions, some of them through monthly values.

Aside from voting, there has also been packages added to the regular donation page so that you can buy these points with money as well, and may even be rewards of these points from in game events. Please note that the Point purchases are the golden color on the page, and the regular packages are blue, as seen below:

UyEvTWo.png CxA6Gl9.png

The main plan with this is to give regular members, or those looking for only a specific perk, access to gaining things usually only accessible by donators. All this said, we’re also open to suggestions of things to add to the point shop, along with changing the current prices(within reason, of course). Leave a comment below of your thoughts!
You forgot to set permissions.

VGf7rDf.png

And /buy in-game doesn't work.
Also, are points counted from votes before this was implemented? And do we need to be logged in to website while voting to get points?

And I noticed that some website's votes aren't registered to Top Voters leaderboard (not sure which ones). From 7 possible votes everyday, I vote to each link and I get 5 votes instead of 7.
Notified, Thank you.
@5444802 wrote:
Also, are points counted from votes before this was implemented? And do we need to be logged in to website while voting to get points?

And I noticed that some website's votes aren't registered to Top Voters leaderboard (not sure which ones). From 7 possible votes everyday, I vote to each link and I get 5 votes instead of 7.

Points from before this shop was implemented are able to be used in the shops, and yes, you do need to be logged into the website. Looking into the rest.
@4773143 wrote:
@5444802 wrote:

Points from before this shop was implemented are able to be used in the shops, and yes, you do need to be logged into the website. Looking into the rest.

Alright thanks, if I knew this before, I would have tons of points.
HOW TO PLAY I AM IN
Access to the page has been fixed, you should be able to view http://minetown.net/pointshop. (My bad)

As far as voting on the websites go, it's a matter of tracking it through their servers as well as ours. You still get credits in game, which means we're handling it fine, but the websites aren't feeding that back to enjin(which handles the points), so it's out of our control. Will update as more information is available.
Bump
I'm very curious how these voting points are added. I have 120 votes in this month alone and only have 5 points. Can someone look into this and help me out on this? I just don't see how this can be right.

Thanks