Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] My sheep farm was either griefed or butchered
Started by [E] elissaf

My sheep farm is extremely large (several thousand blocks with a few hundred sheep). So large that a couple dozen sheep escape daily without much impact, and so the surrounds always has a few dozen or so multi-coloured sheep in the near vicinity. Today they were all gone.

Due to extreme lack of sheep within around 200 blocks in all directions, and the length of time needed to kill that many sheep, I expected that I was the victim of a /butcher command.

I opened a /pe, but Cryston denied that the butcher command has been used "recently". I don't know how far back he looked, or what the search string entailed, but if that wasn't the command, then I was griefed. The farm has locked doors, and if someone entered, it would have been in finding a security hole by jumping in over my house's roof. It would have been evident to the player that it was a locked farm and his actions would have constituted griefing.

I'm not all that fussed about being reimbursed as I was able to find a few sheep that had wandered off past 300 blocks away and entice them back to start a new breeding population. The downtime also gave me an opportunity to landscape.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have known that this type of event - the demolishing of quite a bit of work - is taken seriously. I don't get the sense that it was.

cheers,

elissa (elissaf)
U A GIRL??? Lol anyways, it happened to me too. I don't really mind, but there could be a plugin which could possibly log animal deaths? I don't know anything about javascript, so im just taking a shot in the dark. Anyways, if mob killing without permission was considered griefing, that would be very useful <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Elissaf should be refunded if it was a butcher command in my opinion.
I looked into this, and a user flushed your farm and then spent 20 minutes slaughtering your sheep. Was this at all a shared farm (other users being permitted access to it), or was it 100% private?

If the farm was entirely private/personal, I'll make sure that this matter is handled appropriately. Please check your PE in-game (#1592), as I attached a comment asking if the specific user would have been allowed in the area.

On a side note, you should go over your house and shore up any holes in the security. I was able to get onto the roof through both the front double-doors (which broke in 1.2.3, such that one is always open if the other is closed. Just break and replace them to fix.) and via the side ladder on your house.

Your suggestion in the PE that it was not griefing might have derailed the usual process in terms of finding out what happened. While the death of each and every mob is not directly logged, the evidence can still be looked up, but it requires us to actively look for griefing, which is different than quickly checking when and where the /butcher command was used. The server has had issues with mobs disappearing before due to plugin glitches and bugs in the server itself. Sadly, it is not feasible to refund every instance mobs go missing due to the time and work required to track down the appropriate information and provide even reasonably accurate refunds. Because of this, issues with mobs generally aren't considered too serious, and I would not be surprised if the staff member handling your PE felt it was adequately resolved given the information presented in the PE.

Griefing, however, is quite serious on this server, and regardless of the refund policy. If the user is not someone who has permission to be in your area, he or she will be dealt with accordingly.
This was ( from what i know ) a glitch with a server restart, right after a certain restart, all of my pigs and sheep were gone :/
I can only speak for this particular case, but it was indeed a user that griefed elissaf. If your issue was recent, I can check into it if you'd like when I get back online.
@Hunter,

(yep, I'm a girl <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>

yeah, that had happened a few times early on with farms. I've lost a few that way. I was surprised it wasn't the same this time since the killing was so very thorough.

@Darth Android,

Thank you so much for your help in this matter, including the security suggestion that I think will prevent players from exploiting my security hole, allowing them roof access.

And thanks for the time spent finding the culprit.

Had he used shears, he would have gotten 3-4 times as much wool, I would have been frustrated because sheared sheep tend to de-grass the place pretty thoroughly, but I wouldn't have bothered reporting and he wouldn't have earned a ban. What a noob.

thanks again,

cheers,

elissa.
Altho mods like to have fun once a while they simple do not use a butcher command to mess with members there sheep because we know a lot of work is involved with the gathering, breeding, dying etc.

Must been a very bored member... Elissa could you pm me the warp name you have there, the amount of sheep you had aprox, and there colors. Ill be happy to spawn you some new sheep <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Hi Nikaru,

If you see the above thread, Darth Android found that a player had intentionally (uncertain if it was malicious) killed all the sheep.

I don't require a refund, I'm happy that the player was banned.

Thanks,

elissa