Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] How did you find Minetown?
Started by [E] Stickman

Hi there guys, Stickman. Most of you probably don't know me but if you do you haven't seen me in a long time. I'm sorta returning to the server but that's not why I'm making this thread.

I was just curious on one thing, how did you guys find Minetown and what made you stay? For me, my brother used my minecraft account before i did and went on this server before me. He was introduced by one of his friends. When he stopped playing, I picked up where he left off. I stayed for the good community and friends I had, though i left for a while when i lost general interest in minecraft.

So please, let me know how you found your way here, I'm curious.

- Stickman
This nifty little website called 'Google.com' introduced me here. I stayed cause the trailer looked cool, and there were a lot of people on the server.
I was searching for good vanilla-like servers with grief protection using Enjin community search thing and found Minetown. It looked interesting and got my attention, I said "I could give it a try". I stayed because of many friendly players and great community. I also learned a lot more about the game even though I'm playing Minecraft for almost 5 years now. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I don't even remember
@2708078 wrote:
I don't even remember

Pepperidge Farm Remembers.
I joined minetown after searching for family friendly survival servers. Minetown was the oldest on the list so we figured it would not shut down soon. I stayed because of my Minecraft addiction and the beautiful peeps <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
OH wow... where do I begin?

Well I started playing Minecraft about a year after it came out when a co-worker bought me my account. Played with them for a long while. I think I finally found Minetown after about 2 minutes of searching. At the time I was extremely impressed by all the massive builds that were around spawn and wondered how I could become part of something so awesome. It wasn't long after that, that I made some really awesome friends (most of which are gone now <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> ) and started building our own massive builds on Minetown Classic. When Agharta released I was one of the first to make the jump and I've been playing since then.
I was dragged here against my will by dteandy. I now feel that my life is in danger if I were to ever leave. JK I started playing here with dteandy and zmblaine19 a couple of years ago and found that there are a lot of fairly cool cats on here. Thought I would stick around and have some fun.
I had been playing minecraft for less than a month on a friend's private server, when I decided to look up servers. At the time (Dec 2011), Minetown was at the top of all the server list sites. I joined and looked around a little bit, but didn't want to apply for member, and left. About a year later (Nov 2012) the server I was playing on at the time went down, and I decided to apply and join. Basically everything I have done on minecraft since that has had something to do with me joining MT.
I had really only played single player. I was messing around with docker and found a dockerfile that spins up a minecraft server instance. Having no idea what multiplayer minecraft was about I consulted The Great Sage of Our Time (read: google). The omnipotent being only brought more questions. Realizing I wanted a vanilla server that had stability Minetown topped the lists. subbed and haven't looked back. only use single player to test stuffs.