Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Goodbye Forever, Minetown
Started by [E] MarioMareo

Lets just start off im not a big part on minetown i don't do much but this server is turning S**T, after HunterKiller47 left the server staff has been worse then ever spamming Web-jail its not OK Web-jail i sat through it once im not doing it again so goodbye. There were a lot of people i liked on minetown and i even had fun but Staff takes everything to seriously they even banned me all because of a joke so i say Goodbye Good day and good morrow. but truthfully goodbye
Your opinion has been noted, and I'm sure some will miss you, but it's been said before and I'll say it again. Minetown has been here for five years, and it'll continue with or without anyone who decides to follow Novaleigh and Hunterkiller47. We haven't extensively used Webjail in two (if not three) years. I decided to use it Friday instead of a ban because webjail is more suiting to some offenses than bans that require appeals, and we'll continue to hand out punishments as we see fit.

I'd like to state that all of this stems from one person taking one small issue overboard, and I'm sick and tired of dealing with it. It was brought up by one party that they saw the issue being "Toxic Leadership". Apparently giving fair punishments is "Toxic" now. I believe that it's quite the opposite. I believe we have some toxic membership, albeit most of it has left in the last few days. Or claims to have left.

You see, these "toxic members" as I like to call them pretty much make a big deal out of small things because they seek one thing. Something that seems to have a euphoric effect on them, and when you deny it of them, boy does it rattle their cage. That thing appears to be attention, which is what you're seeking by posting this here instead of One: talking to an administrator or staff member about your quarrels or 2: leaving quietly. While I hope they prove me wrong, I have no doubt that the two that you are following will show back up when they crash from the high they got by turning some heads with their nasty departure (I'd like to remind you that they've both done this before, and will probably rear their faces and predictably raise a stink when they read this).

If you want to stick around and continue to play with us you're more than welcome to, after all, the only way for YOU to make a difference here is to actually be an active part of the community. However, if you don't want to stick around, that's also fine. Minetown was here long before you were around, and will be here long after.

This goes for you, your mentors, and anyone else that decides to follow suit. If you're going to leave, then leave and let us get back to taking care of the players that actually give a damn about this server.

If any of our members have any issue with this, feel free to message me about it.

/locked.
I'm going to take a moment to go through this, and this is the last thread that I will tolerate of this nature.
@15510417 wrote:
Lets just start off im not a big part on minetown i don't do much but this server is turning S**T

First and foremost, Minetown has been here for five years. Our policies, how we handle things, etc, have not changed much throughout, yet we're still here going strong. They won't be changing, which leads to the next point;
@15510417 wrote:
after HunterKiller47 left the server staff has been worse then ever spamming Web-jail its not OK Web-jail i sat through it once im not doing it again so goodbye.

One of our policies is using webjail. Why? Because it's a punishment. The usage of it is, has been, and always will be usable by staff to handle disruptive members. If you have a problem with webjail, we can replace it with a ban, but that only leads to more time off the server, or away from doing things.
@15510417 wrote:
There were a lot of people i liked on minetown and i even had fun but Staff takes everything to seriously they even banned me all because of a joke

Our job is to take things seriously, otherwise this server wouldn't be running. You were reported for theft, so we handled it as such. After investigating further, we realized you were not at fault and were promptly unbanned. No policies were broken, it seems as if you simply did not like following them.

The bottom line: If you want to stick around and continue to play with us you're more than welcome to, after all, the only way for YOU to make a difference here is to actually be an active part of the community. However, if you don't want to stick around, that's also fine. Minetown will continue to thrive with or without you there. We're not going to tolerate any more drama of this nature, we're not going to tolerate toxicity, and we're not going to tolerate the attention seeking players such as yourself.

So, if you are truthfully taking your leave, I'll take your own line:
@15510417 wrote:
i say Goodbye Good day and good morrow. but truthfully goodbye

Any more "goodbye" threads will be promptly deleted.

/Locked