Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] LucyLooseLegs Ban Appeal
Started by [E] Afroman

username: LucyLooseLegs

when banned: "Some time last night"

banned by: "Bullying"

Reason banned:

I've been banned for "guilty by association"

Cauldweller Entered our mumble channel on several different occasions offering IRL money to Minetown mods willing to come and work on his minecraft server. After Okifool666, Jallaf and Arvila repeatedly and politely asked Cauldweller to leave, and stop "bribing Minetown staff" I went to bed.

Considering that Cauldweller repeatedly attempted to bribe staff and harass our channel, I am not surprised that parties involved were pushed to the point of bluntly telling Cauldweller to "F-off"

I did not say anything directly to Cauldweller.

I was simply in the channel when it happened.

I don't understand why such an extreme action has been taken when I was not even asked about the situation, or any proper research has been done on the matter.

Cauldweller has a history of pushing peoples buttons and "trolling" channels to the point where people do not want him present.

Unfortunately I cannot speak for other members who were banned as a result, although I do know that Okifool626 kept detaild logs of what Cauldweller had to say in reference to employing Minetown staff.

EDIT:

I remember now since I just woke up.

I "giggled" during this mumble conversation.

Re-EDIT:

I've also been mumble banned.
We have a video which shows everyone who was present and talking in the mumble channel at the time. If you could explain how it is that you managed laugh at cauldweller and help provoke the situation farther while being in bed and not there. The reason that this is being taken this seriously is that the video that we have shows just how far this got taken.
I could have written that better.

"after the fact" is when I went to bed.

Secondly, I have already admitted to "giggling"

Thirdly while I don't condone party activity in the matter, Cauldweller was repeatedly asked to stop bribing Minetown staff and to "leave"

While you may have a recording as "evidence" you may also want to consider the several previous times Cauldweller had entered the channel WITHOUT recording.

It is easy to poke at an ants nest until it erupts - which is the case here.

Yes he was bullied. Yes he antagonized the group prior to switching on his third party recorder.

This is not the first time he has intentionally entered mumble with his finger firmly planted on "record" and proceeded to act the "victim"

EDIT:

I'm basically trying to say that:

Yes he was yelled at - But yes he trolled the atmosphere to the point of being bullied.

It's not agreeable for some, although it's difficult to paint the whole picture when you come late to the game.

Cauldweller intentionally and repeatedly entered the channel asking the same thing - IRL $ for mods on his server. He ignored all initial reactions and continued to poke and poke.

And judging by his late recording he had intended for this to happen.
There where people present in that channel with the power to ban him from mumble. If he was breaking the rules then he should have been banned, what happened instead was completely un-acceptable and should never happen no matter what the situation is. We take cyber bullying as the crime that it is and use a no tolerance policy with it.
sayomie wrote:
There where people present in that channel with the power to ban him from mumble. If he was breaking the rules then he should have been banned, what happened instead was completely un-acceptable and should never happen no matter what the situation is. We take cyber bullying as the crime that it is and use a no tolerance policy with it.

I agree.

Cyber bullying is reprehensible.

Like you said, there were people with the power in mumble to act and remove Cauldweller from channel.

My question to you is:

Why am I banned is a situation where I "giggled"

If you had witnessed the full extent of the conversation it was literally ridiculous to the point of laughing.

I agree action should have been taken sooner in terms of removing him from mumble, although I fail to see why I am banned as a result.
Quote form the video"I practically have to you to go kill yourself" Do you really think that is funny. You involved your self in the situation, you had the choice if leaving the channel and or reporting the situation so that someone could deal with it but instead you stayed there and egged them on.
sayomie wrote:
Quote form the video"I practically have to you to go kill yourself" Do you really think that is funny. You involved your self in the situation, you had the choice if leaving the channel and or reporting the situation so that someone could deal with it but instead you stayed there and egged them on.

I don't remember laughing about that because I don't remember hearing it.

As I will rein-enforce and re-state.

Cauldweller antagonized the conversation long before he hit "record"

His recording only paints 1/4th of the picture.

As I stated, he was repeatedly asked politely to leave, as he was breaking rules and was already "technically banned" from Minetown.

What that recording neglects to show is Okifool666 "not" mumble banning because and I quote:

"But I have friends on mumble, like Kassie" So "please don't mumble ban me"

Which is the reasoning behind Cauldweller not getting mumble banned in this instance.

Cauldweller has a long history of lying, trolling, pushing peoples buttons and getting himself banned.

It is hard to defend myself in a recording which is clearly inaccurate and was used as a tool to get 3 mods and myself banned.

I suppose my next question is:

This in my first offense.

Will I be unbanned? and if so when?
As you yourself did not say anything other then laughing and egging on the others I am going to give you a 1 week temp ban. I would like to add that I find it sad that you can not recognise that what you did was wrong but instead, you seem to have an excuse for everything.