Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I.P not working?
Started by [E] Xx Komfy598

So, it's bin awhile since i've bin on minetown.

reason is cuz my client wasn't working.. computer malfunction.

anyhoo.

I noticed Minetown has a 1.2 server.. which i have the I.P for

But the current I.P address for the main isn't working for me.

mc.minetown.net is the new i.p? it doesn't work either.

Is there an I.P im not seeing? perhaps missing pieces?
mc.minetown.net is the main server and we updated to 1.2.3 recently, so if you connect make sure your client is on that same version. Also it sometimes helps if you do direct connect instead of normal connecting, also clicking join sometimes does the trick while double clicking on the server doesnt work. See if that helps.
K, now im getting an Error.

Internal client error: java.net.socket.exception: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/767867-help-minecraft-internal-client-error-javanetsocketexception-address-family-not-supported-by-protocol-family-connect/

I did some searching for you... turns out you could have spyware on your computer called RelevantKnowledge thats causing this error. To check if have this spyware open the Task manager (ctrl alt delete) and look for a process called "rlvknlg.exe". If its in the list your computer is infected with it and you have to get rid of it.

I found multiple topics online stating the problem got fixed for people after deleting this spyware.

Few programs that can help you remove spyware are:

Malwarebytes (Try this one first, I read that others had success with it tracing this spyware down and removing it)

Lavasoft Adaware

Spybot - Search and Destroy

Please check if this is the case and try to remove it, let me know if it helped.
o.o Is it something thats not safe on my computer?

cuz i mean like, it was there when i bought this thing..
Yes there kinda two general things that can harm your computer, there viruses and there is malware (spyware). You highly probably have malware on your computer. So best thing you can do now is:

• Download Malwarebytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org
  • Run and install it.
  • Let it update if needed.
  • Scan your whole computer.
  • Let it remove any spyware it finds.
  • Reboot computer.

After these steps try to connect to minetown again.
sorry for ling reply.

I just removed the problem and everything

else that i figured was bad.

im on minetown now, no prob.