Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Holidays in Agharta!
Started by [E] Kalendor

Hello again players! I have another question for you in regards to Minetown! Some of you know for Halloween I made two builds for people to explore and enjoy, the Haunted Rollercoaster with 4 floor maze inside a house, and a Haunted mansion. Now in both cases I provided a challenge to them and put up rewards for the winners. These builds are protected and out there for next year, but now we are coming up on Christmas and similar seasonal holidays for this month of December. Last year I built Santa's village for people to just explore and the staff did do a secret santa amongst ourselves. This year I have moved the village to spawn for the Holidays and want some input from you the players.

What kinds of things would you like to see in the town? Any suggestions for themed events? Im aware that not everyone celebrates Christmas per say, however this build is meant for pure fun and enjoyment. If you want to take a look at what we have so far, the build is south of spawn down a slightly winding road. Check it out and see if you can think of improvements or just additional ideas!

I look forward to your thoughts!
As someone who doesn't necessarily enjoy this holiday, seeing more winter-esque "generalized' holiday decorations would be nice. I hated how last year a christmas design won...and was there far past its prime. While a christmas town is nifty, perhaps taking the time to google a few other holidays, see if you can maybe make a house for each one inside of the town?
I'd be down for a winter-wonderland build-off!
Incorporating more then just the Christmas theme? Perhaps a bit of Hanukkah, or the Chinese New Year, maybe some Kwanzaa or a dark scary Krampus house (since that is the new rage this year apparently)
Well the idea is Santa's town, without specifics. I have yet to find any images on Krampus house to even consider that. That being said I might add a japanese style building, but Im not going to turn it into a multi-holiday build when its just meant to be Santa's village, a fun build for this time of year. Now other ideas for activities or how to add more to whats there, please feel free, but enough with the "add more holidays to the mix."
i was thinking you should make a christmas carol rollercoaster. that whould be very cool to see
Krampus is Santa's shadow/the evil horned beast of the holiday that punishes bad children. Some people don't believe that Santa just puts coal in your stocking, oh no, they believe that this 'little helper' punishes children who are bad. My idea would be to have a "naughty or nice" doorway somewhere, you want through nice and its a blissful little present room with lots of sunshine and rainbows, you walk through naughty and well...its a little scary.

But if you're just going to stick to "Santa's Town" Why add a Japanese Style building? They don't recognize it as a national holiday and while they have brought pieces of it into their culture with time they celebrate the 24th as more of a "couples Holiday" than really celebrating the whole "Santa" thing. Again, not trying to be rude or anything, I just don't think that a japanese building fits in with the theme of "Christmas".

You could always add Santa's house, or his workshop, or a sleigh, Maybe put some horses in a stable, or make a stable and put the little signs for each of his reindeer. A speed competition to build the best christmas tree (as in short amount of build time) could be fun, or a longer Christmas theme'd build off. Most people tend to like those. Since it hasn't been said if its going to remain in spawn year round or be removed once the season is over I wouldn't want to add too much to it as thats just even more you'll eventually have to WE away.
What about adding a firework setup for the new years too?
Could do a holiday ride, and fireworks setup for new years would be cool. Maybe a Krampus prison for the naughty players...
I would love to see a holiday themed snow globe, but that's just me XD