Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Why IS the lag so bad?
Started by [E] IsTank

I know that with the update some plugins still need to be ironed out and they can be causing problems but I have also seen someone say that the server is under a DDOS attack again but have not seen anything posted about it as in the past attacks. The lag is bad and I am not complaining about that as it is usually bearable and the server was just updated but what is the actually cause of the excessive lag we are currently experiencing? I am more curious than anything else.
I think we were being DDOS'd.

And also we had some trouble with plugins, i do stand to be corrected
The server isn't behind a proxy that supports 1.2.3. This is why we can feel the attacks, unlike a few days ago.
is this something the admins resolve or is it a third party such as the hosting company?
Wait so are we getting DDoS'd?
Yes, we are getting DDOS'd
Do we know who?
They think its some guy who is black-mailing sawine. for like 50$ or something.
From what I've read and heard, jealous haters (LegendaryCraft) consistently DDoS Minetown, in an effort to take it down, or at least cause it to lag, to make their servers look better in comparison. This is because Minetown is the best Minecraft server ever. (Obviously the entire Minecraft community already knows this.) Everyone who is denied membership into Minetown is butthurt because they are not allowed into the best server in the world. They then express this butthurt in the form of a DDoS. This is what happens when the server becomes too epic for little kids, who cannot get accepted, to handle.

P.S. JK <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Yournamebreaksquotes wrote:
They think its some guy who is black-mailing sawine. for like 50$ or something.

All I can say to this is:

lol