Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Ban Appeal

Username: Dirty_miner21

When you were banned : 3/10/12 10:00 Arizona time

Person who banned you: Doesn't say

Reason you were banned: Telling people to join your server is advertising

Testimony: I logged on to mine town to tell my friend something really fast before I got off. Minetown was still switching to 1.2.3 so a lot of there features were down (/msg (name) (message). I needed to tell my friend to get on my server to see my new update. I did not give out the IP address. These were my exact words in the minetown chat, "Hey bigacat48 come check out my new server" Bigacat48 replied, "Hey dirty, whats up!" (Me and Bigacat48 are friends so she already knows my ip) As you can see I did not advertise my server. If I would have known that MineTown had a new plugin where they used /tell then I would have used it and not displayed this publicly. I am sorry for my acts and will not ever ask my friends to join my server publicly. I love minetown and hope to keep playing on it.

Dirty_miner21
I see that in the logs, and don't see a major issue with it; If it's a close friend and you both frequent several servers, I don't see much issue with telling them to check something out real quick somewhere else in private. You'd just contact them via other means anyways, minetown just happened to be the quickest (though it does make situations like this much more clear cut if you avoid such-- suggestion).

It was the two messages to madster456 (who reported this) that this was about. He claimed that you had messaged him out of the blue, which qualifies more under advertising. Was there a reason for that?
Madsters a close friend (i thought) too and i haven't talked to him in awhile. Me Pdkkid Madster456 Holysm0kes all run a server together. I wanted to start my own and he wasn't on Pdkkids so i found him on minetown. Just wanted him to urgently see it. If he wanted me to stop he just need to say not now or somthing. and i would have. Again im sorry
Dirty, i know, pdk, and i know holysm0kes, i know you as well, but not as much, but also, i do not "run" a server with you guys, im an admin, and i have been paid to do plugins for you guys, but i dont run it. If i wanted to get onto the server, i would have, and i do sometimes, i have it saved. But this came out of the blue, and i didnt ask for it. I just considered it advertisement. I would like to see you unbanned, but thats not my choice. Up to darth on this.
Why didn't you just say, "cant right now" or "Dont wanna" or somthing...
Dirty_miner21, you've been unbanned. It would be best to just keep things like this to outside channels such as instant messaging.
Thank you Darth, and yes I will from now on.