Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] White Chat Fix [1.2.3] [Windows XP, Vista, 7]
Started by [E] SloopJB1

Finally I have the method on fixing white chat on a coloured chat enabled server.

1. Go to Start and find 'Run' and type %appdata& If you are running Windows 7 or Vista go to search and type %appdata&

2. Once you have the Application Data file open go to .minecraft

3. Once there open you minecraft.jar To open it you will need a archiver such as 7Zip or WinRar.

4. Open the .jar file using the archiver.

5. Delete the folder, 'META-INF'!

5. Drag the downloaded ni.class file into your .jar.

6. Once you have dragged the folder into the .jar close all the Windows on your desktop and run Minecraft.

7. You should be okay. Log into Minetown and away you go! Colours!

Also thanks to Ryanblm/Ryancat for being my tester!

Give me a Kudo if this works! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>

Download the file below!

one thing when you download this file it will be some like this ni_821146412.class

MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE the numbers so the file name is ni.class otherwise this WILL NOT work and you will get the back screen

and once again remember to delete your META.inf folder otherwise it wont work at all
To those that have to scan every single file they download:

https://www.virustotal.com/file/90edaa1f7064d8c43b1282c31b2201f740df96ab727d0c54e1f81000f156bfbb/analysis/1331402943/

Edit: I believe it's different numbers for everyone. I got a different number past ni_. But still, get rid of the numbers before you place it in the minecraft jar, like ryan says.
Thanks Ryan for the heads up pay attention to the nice man <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Horray!
I have windows 7 professional. I'm not sure what version of windows 7 this works for. However, I couldn't find ANY file name you listed here, and when I just went to the .minecraft file, there were no files even related, there. Everything is fine for me except the white chat.
duns, go to .minecraft > bin

then rightclick the minecraft.jar, and open it with 7zip/winRAR.

Then, delete the folder that will appear called META-INF

and add in the ni.class sloop mentioned =)

not forgetting to rename it to ni, rather than ni345678ui9oyt654.
Adam, I don't have a file listed as minecraft.jar

Here's a list of items in the bin folder:

Natives (folder)

jinput

lwjgl

lwjgl_util

md5s

minecraft

minecraft-1.0.0

minecraft-1.1

version

That's the entire listing. As well, I have winrar installed and none of these files have the opportunity to be opened by it.
duns it should be your minecraft named file right click it and open with winrar I.E. you should have winrar installed lol
Dunsjohn, some of those are custom folders too.

Also Sloop, this works for macintosh too, minus the file locations - not just Windows.

Same for all minecraft mods.