Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Infinite Storage?
Started by [E] antonyoo

In the wiki page regarding adding features to your vault, it says that,

This is a TradeCraft shop sign, placed in your name, so you can have infinate storage for 1 particular item.

Can someone explain how this would work? Thanks.
Just make a tradecraft chest for the item, and continually deposit stuff into it... Like a normal shop chest. set whatever numbers you want for price and number of item.
Im assuming this cannot be done in the non-vault world?
but how do you make a tradecraft chest?
Yes antonyoo, it can be used in the non-vault world.

just place a chest, and above it, make a sign.

On top line of sign write what you want to sell, in Squarebrackets ''

The second line is your buying terms, write 'Buy X for Xg'

Leave the last 2 lines blank.

If done correctle the bottom line will now show your name. so, it'd look like this

Buy 3 for 1g

(blank)

-adz0704-

to buy, a player would deposit a gold bar in said chest, then click on the sign. When they next looked in chest, they would get 3 goldore.

This can be used in the MainWorld too, to store ubiquitous materials such as cobblestone, or nonstackables like buckets, infinitely.

Hope this helped, ask me (Adam) ingame if further help needed ^-^
You know we have a kickass Minetown Wiki page that explains everything about how to make or use tradecraft, take a look at it... you can find it here.
I read it but could not fully understand it.
but just so someone doesnt buy your supply, make the price ridiculous, like 64 cobble for 10000 credits
I use this technique! In fact while making a vault for my friend I made it with the tradecraft storage idea.
I still do not understand how one can get "infinite" storage. Wouldn't the chest fill up with minerals and items after a certain point? If I had 5000 stacks of cobble, would I somehow be able to use one chest to store all of these?

Obviously, I don't understand the tradecraft system very well. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.