Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] THe best xp farm
Started by [E] antonyoo

I was told multiple times that many of the xp farms on youtube do not even work in minetown. Are there any xp farms that can be used in minetown? The price, at the moment, doesnt matter. Im just very curious about the design.

And how long does it take you to get to lvl 50? 2~3 hours?
dig a shit load dirt with a eff 4 or 5 shovel. that will give you lvl 50 in 30 mins - 1 hour. lol

if you want it more advanced, just make some zobies fall 23 blokc and kill them. they will only have a half heat.
johan is correct. Mining with a high efficiency tool is probably the easiest way to gain XP (and resources!). Plus you can sell the resources.

I'm working on my own XP farm at the moment, trying out a method I'm developing. I have 32 zombie spawners that will drop zombies enough blocks so that they're down to half a heart. My plan is to build a little platform so that I can throw splash potions on them without endangering myself. Note to potion newbies, some potions have the opposite effect on zombies (i.e. use instant health potions to inflict instant damage).

Protip: Wait to put the Spawners in until after you have the trap/containment area built. Otherwise you have a bunch of zombies on the loose...

2012-03-05_21.00.15.png
What about a cobblestone generator with water and lava, redstone, and sticky pistons that once turned on, perpetually makes cobble stone as you break them. That way you don't have to tear apart your land for exp.
true but cobble is being mine much slower than dirt, and eff 4 is faster than creative so the cobble wont come fast enough to make it just as effective. while you dig, make a flat area. you can always use that for houses or simply sell it to someone who might make a city <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
um...interesting...I think i can make a xp farm.
Or if you wanna be cheap like me and not waste any tools, just do the place-break routine: Place something that can be insta-broken by hand (redstone, cane, torches, etc), then break it, then place it again, then break it again, etc... You even get xp for both placing AND breaking 8D
Although tom's method is the best overall, I can vouch for mining netherrack with an efficiency pick. This would be my main method besides a trap.
of couse traps are better than mining. less work when they are done. if you can make them work. the problem with them is that the mobs will have to fall 23 blocks. you cant stand on the buttom and make the mobs fall at the same time unless you make the mobs travel with water all the way up. theres a few methods to do it but they are all slow and its a little hard to figure out how to make them perfect.
The best exp farm is a Blaze one. They give 10 exp per kill unlike normal hostile mobs that just give 5. The only trick is how to get them in one place and get the to 1 heart.