Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Nether Question:
Started by [E] xgamer888

About a week ago, I asked in all chat if it was ok (for a donor) to create a warp in the nether. I got about 5 yes responses, however when I asked for a warp to be made in the nether, the PE was closed saying that it no one can have a warp created in the nether.

Doing some further research, I found that according to the wiki:
Minetown Wiki wrote:
There are no private warps in the nether

If you create a petition asking the staff to create a private warp for you in the nether, it will be turned down.

Compiling more information, I found that the portals link with the following
Darth Android wrote:

(X/8,Y,Z/<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f60e.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby="8)">8)</object> of overworld portal = (X,Y,Z) of nether portal. It then searches 128 blocks in all directions from this point for an active portal. If it finds one, it links to it. If it doesn't, it creates a new portal at this location.

So even at, say, 10,000 from spawn in the main world, it would only be 1250 from nether spawn.

I created a portal at (about) 10,000 from spawn in the main world, and behold, it exited at a already existing portal.

My main question, is that as people are expanding in the nether farther and farther out, is it ok for us to be able to have private warps created? It would make it much more reasonable to explore farther out, knowing that you could create a warp once you got there.

OR could we somehow change the divide by 8 to a correlation with a 1 to 1 real-location of main world to nether (we could still retain the 128 check)?
There seems to be some confusion within staff about this one....

When we had the 'nether debate' it was about regions NOT warps. So when we started refusing region protections some staff have mistaken warps to be refused too.

As far as I am concerned $20+ Donators should be entitled to have private warps within the nether as:

1. They donated to get private warps so should be allowed them wherever they want.

2. Nether is the only place to grow nether warts so donators may be able to hide their warts a little better if they have private warps.

I agree public warps should not be allowed in the nether as it is lawless and would have nothing to warp to (All players would use the public warp so it cant exactly be used for a wart farm) but donators should be allowed them. Just because the place is lawless doesnt mean the players should not be allowed private warps within the nether.

So yeah, i've always given a private warp within the nether when asked, warps were not mentioned in the previous nether discussion as that was solely for region protections.
Thanks Danni!

Could we perhaps get the wiki updated then?
xgamer888 wrote:
Thanks Danni!

Could we perhaps get the wiki updated then?

I updated the wiki. I was the one who originally added that statement because my pe to create a private warp in the nether was rejected.
Thank you kind sir!

I just created a wiki account, I'll see if I can add the calculation on portal creation to it as well. It's always good to have all the info together <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>