Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Official] The Minetown News Team!
Started by [E] Irethena

Greetings, Minetown!

As you may have heard, the News Team has been put into place. Huntress54 and Irethena will be bringing you all the information you need to know from management, with some additional fun thrown into the mix. You'll be able to see updates from us through all of Minetown's social media channels - Facebook, Twitter, and our beloved Enjin site. We'll post screenshots of player builds, broadcast upcoming server events, and more.

For those of you who don't know us, allow us to introduce ourselves!

From Huntress54:

Howdy y'all, I'm Huntress54. I joined Minetown a few years back and left, but returned over a year ago and have been active since. I'm very outgoing and I love to make puns and jokes with my friends on the server! Just give me a holler if you need anything or want to say hi!

From Irethena:

Hey guys! Irethena here (or Ire for short). I've been around off and on since December 2011. When in game or on Teamspeak, I love to goof around and have a good time. Building, mining, or just hanging out with friends, I am proud to call Minetown my home. Come poke me on ts or say hi in game if you need anything.

Alright, this is the important part. This is where we, the News Team, ask what you would like to see from us. What would you like us to post? Server builds, player towns, you name it. We want to hear from the community, because that's what makes Minetown awesome.

Later gators,

The News Team
Alright, so going to try to be brief (Pfft, like that ever happens)

Events: It would be great to get events back and running for the important holidays, I miss build competitions and minigames more than I thought I would. Seeing posts about them on the Facebook page, or even on the forum would be nice, along with announcements in game ahead of time so players can try to be on when the event is happening.

A big thing for me is Updates. Yes, things are broken and No, it is not our right to know every little detail about everything that happens behind the scenes but at the same time its nice to be kept in the loop. A good example is voting: We know its broken, but we don't know whats going on with it.

So. for the forums wise, perhaps like a monthly "newsletter" that comes out a certain week or time during the month. A place for the news team to tell us whats going on for this month (mini games, competitions, etc), perhaps hold a "Build Spotlight" where a player town/build/whathaveyou is showcased and a little updates section where the players are updated on issues/progress/etc. Again, it doesn't have to be like "The plug in for voting is currently not transferring over correctly so we need to go in and work on fixing the coding and soandso will be doing suchandsuch on this day at that time" but even just a brief "Hey guys, we know voting is still derping, looks like its a problem with the coding and we're working on it. We have our eye on the problem and now its just a matter of fixing it (or something like, "we're 95% sure we know what the issue is and have begun progress towards fixing it") with updates each month as to how close we are.

It could include little teasers about perhaps the next month's competitions (if competitions come back in full swing) or what builds might be considered for next months spotlight (Could even make it a player vote if needed/wanted). Perhaps even contests in the newsletter/once a month where players have to solve riddles/write something/do something and the winner gets a small prize.

As for Facebook/twitter/etc Overall I think just getting active on those sites would help bring in people. Posting about events/minigames/etc and when they're being run. Perhaps a "If we get (so many) likes we'll do a drop party in game on this day at this time" to up the popularity of the site but a good portion of our populace are children/younger and I wouldn't feel right doing too many things that require interaction on such mediums as we'd potentially be exposing the small children to trolls/harassment outside of our control.
Spotlights on towns and individual players are great for giving an overall view of what we have going on out there. Throwing out info when the server opens new builds and has stuff going on would be great to get the word spread in media forms more peeps use regularly. Mostly I would just like to see anything positive. I think the forums is better for negatives or things that are being worked on, not really public social media.

Congrats btw ladies, go earn those tags <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Make an instagram page and give shoutouts to some winners of build contests and congragulations on special things that happened like making the build team or staff