Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Question about xp farms.
Started by [E] antonyoo

Hi, does anyone know how to make the xp farm that yields the most xp/time?

Is ethos' blaze farm the "best"? Thanks for your time.
Building gets lots of xp. No joke
Or do what I do. Get an efficiency shovel, find a big beach or desert, and mine all the sand you can carry. You'll get tons of xp, plus you can make it all into glass or sanstone and make tons of money.
I can confidently agree with coffeey, after having tried to build my own and realizing that even if you can kill mobs in one hit, it is still quicker, more efficient, and more constructive to just do a half hour of mine clearing with an efficiency IV or V pick.

And trust me, I've been diligently measuring the xp outputs...
k thanks for the info.
But are there any xp farms that you yields a good amount without having to do much work?
Well those xp farms would be the better choice if the SMP glitches go away. The mobs fly in the block and what not which causes many clogs in the system
Well, then which xp farm would you recommend?
The one i used to use was a cave spider farm but it doesn't really work now. I used to be able to get lvl 50 in about 3 mins but not anymore <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
In SMP, the way mobs interact is different from Singleplayer. In Singleplayer, if you spawn 100 spiders (as an example) they would all fit in a 1x2x2 space. In SMP, if you tried to cram all of them into that same space, they would glitch all over the place, and you would see them teleporting out, even if they're in an enclosed area. So, none of the exp farms shown on youtube would be very efficient in multiplayer. Also, the lag from the server would decrease the efficiency of the traps/towers, because rather than a mob spawning every ~25 seconds from a spawner, it would take maybe 2-3x as long. If you do the math, waiting for mobs to spawn, then attempting to kill then while they glitch everywhere, is not going to be as effective as building a house, or mining sand as Fettuccini suggested. Hope this helps!