Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Anyone have the 1.1 file i could get
Started by [E] eternaltragedy

i had to restore my PC (fml) and when i re- downloaded minecraft i got the new 1.2 file... can i get some help.. thanks!
On the minecraft forums, there is a handy tool called MCNostalgia. It can downgrade your minecraft jar to any version. It is also illegal to download or distribute minecraft jars. Using McNostalgia however, is legal.
SomeNinja wrote:
It is also illegal to download or distribute minecraft jars.

Uhhh... Then why are they made freely available by Jeb? It is illegal to gain access to minecraft if you did not pay for it (or to distribute it to others who haven't). If you have paid for it, you are authorized to download, take apart, modify, do whatever with the jars. Here's a link to 1.1 that i found before:

http://www.mediafire.com/?84vlz8znrzsa4as
I meant it as it's illegal for a player to distribute it to another player that didn't pay for Minecraft, just like you said. Sorry that I didn't clarify.
NOT ALLOWED

GON GET SOPA ON YOU
Dude, Mojang has to be the most relaxed and reasonable major game developing company. None of those guys will ever go after you for getting an older version of MC (I get the distinct impression they won't go after you no matter what, really). My hat is off to Notch and Mojang for showing that you can run a very successful business without being an asshole.

And SOPA is fucking dead. *blows smoke from gun barrel*
well obviously i PAID for it..... i just said i downloaded it again ... and im a member here.... think that wasnt obvious enough for yah
oh and thanks Wug for the link... im back to playing agin :3
Actually, a fair few people are peeved at how Notch is doing things. But I'll just leave it at that.
what does it matter... Notch will do what he wants .. hes like the next Oprah Winfrey LOL