Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [ Story Time ] How Did You Discover Minetown? [ Story Time ]
Started by [E] joeydev

Tell us your tale of how you joined the wonderful community of Minetown !

When:

Where:

How:

What were your thoughts of it then?:

What are your thoughts now?:

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?:

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown?

All Questions are Optional !

PS: If you have a quarrel with Minetown for some unknown reason, PLEASE do not spam your crap on here. This thread is meant to be fun - Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
When: dec. 2011

Where: chicago, illinois my bedroom

How: searched "minecraft server"

What were your thoughts of it then?: "nifty"

What are your thoughts now?: "neat"

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: eh. i'd rather keep to myself.

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown? xxmasterjackxx
When: April 2012

Where: My bedroom.

How: Browsed top minecraft lists, MT's banner looked sexy.

What were your thoughts of it then?: confusing to start with. I couldn't get wood from anywhere because "all the trees were protected" (I didn't know about the WorldEdit function of my wooden axe)... welcoming, though, bogeymanh gave me apples and Nemenix helped me to a plot in his town, Maplebury.

What are your thoughts now?: fun to play, people are all still welcoming & friendly

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: demote sawine & make myself supreme leader <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f60e.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":cool:">:cool:</object>

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown?: the old Rebel faction on the PvP server, I think... rip rebels. (dzoumaya too, I guess)
@1152292 wrote:
What is your most fondest memory in Minetown? xxmasterjackxx

tumblr_n917d2kQOO1sh43kgo1_500.gif
When: 27.8.2014. (I got my 1 year veteran yesterday)

Where: My PC.

How: I was searching for Minecraft Enjin communities and this one catched my attention.

What were your thoughts of it then?: Some small server with ordinary players like very other.

What are your thoughts now?: Server with the most quality playerbase, proof that you don't need 1000 players to have fun and enjoy playing. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: Remove /home limit from all ranks, I need more homes and have no money to donate.

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown? Staff found my island on their own and fell in love with it. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
When:

February 2014

Where:

In my living room fool

How:

Searching enjin for a family friendly multiplayer survival server to join with my family. We had been living in out own private worlds for about a year and wanted to try out playing in an online community together. Picked minetown for its age, figuring if it had been around that long it would not shut down a month after joining <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

What were your thoughts of it then?:

I was terrified! LOL Joining others was my exes idea and I am an extreme antisocial hide out at home person. Meeting new people is NOT something I do for fun. But my first time in Nyancat adopted me and showed me what to do <3 I may have ditched her to run off into the wilderness to "survive" on our own (what is now my east9k complex) but was so glad to have a friendly member to take me under their wings starting out.

What are your thoughts now?:

It is my obsesion! Yay! I have met some incredible people through this server and been through some rough points in my life while part of the community. Minetown is just that, a communtiy. We don't always like all of our neighbors but there are some really great ones here.

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?:

To somehow make the server itself be able to handle a larger load. We are vanilla and it would be great to see players be able to explore and build out every possibility vanilla minecraft has possible. Not complaining, just sad to see mechanical builders have to find and invent ways to limit themselves instead of ways to challenge themselves.

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown?

I don't really have a single fondest memory but a collection of meeting and getting to know people. Then taking on massive crazy projects, mining, exploring and goofing off with them in game, on ts and skype.
When: December 21 December 2011

Where: In the study of my alaskan apartment.

How: My hubby Rokitchikin had been playing for a bit, it looked simplistically fun so I went for it.

Website: Um, I guess the first website I used to find minetown was the minetown website.

What were your thoughts of it then?: Oh goodness, my first impression. I thought Okifool had to have been awesome to make Okicity (the first place I lived), the server seemed alright, I wasn't sure what to make of it. A lot of people seemed fun, but I wasn't really willing to talk to them. Rokit did though, so I kinda new a few people through him, which was nice. Later a bunch of my wow friends joined, we built together and it was pretty awesome.

What are your thoughts now?: The server isn't what it was then, but its not necessarily a bad thing. There are definitely things that need improvement, tasks that need prioritized but thats none of my concern as a member. The community, the community is probably what saves such a small server. Without the members we've managed to snag and keep this place wouldn't be anything.

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: The return time on ideas submitted by players. Feedback is minimal if at all, even when ideas are asked for. Overall communications increase would be greatly appreciated.

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown?:

Probably when I got trial mod. that was a good day for me. The staff then was warm and accepting, willing to help one learn how to staff and they had your back. It was nice to feel as if I belonged instead of having to claw and fight my way and fear constant side talks and scoldings.
When: Dec 2010

Where: Japan

How: Ancient server list, was the only one that actually had a domain name.

What were your thoughts of it then?: Cool bunch of guys, ****ed around and gave no ****s about what went down.

What are your thoughts now?: Jesus christ it might as well be tumblr

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: Instate BrolyMaximum as owner and let him dictate the rules

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown? 13k TNT detonation to destroy bedrock
When: December 10, 2011

Where: My room in Brussels, Belgium

How: Initially, I was brought onto the mumble (*coughI'MOLDcough*) server by an old friend named Lightshinobi/Darkshinobi to play League of Legends with the old crew: heiwashin, mrbaconbitts, Adriedupleaf, and Lomanic. DJTechnor gave me his smallxchocolate account to try Minecraft since my Belgian bank didn't like PayPal. The rest is history.

What were your thoughts of it then?: Great group of people, lots of friendly members around my age, and the staff was pretty rad.

What are your thoughts now?: The playerbase has downsized, but the heart of it is the same. I liked the people then, and I like the people now. Minetown has always been a great place to meet some new (crazy...) people.

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: Bringing in some more older players is always a plus, but for the most part I'm happy with how it is!

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown?: The staff build event I ran back in the day. We had everything from a Tyrannosaurus Rex eating mashed potatoes to a fortress of doom and Lom's amazing "Door to Nowhere" (...it was just a door). Sawine built a statue of himself, and we promptly griefed it when the build event was over with all sorts of Classic Server staff shenanigans.

That and, when it was my birthday, colddev and XCoaster threw me a party and had a birthday tree for me where people put signs. Then we disguised ourselves as ghasts and messed with the members and had a lot of fun. :')
When: Jan 2012

Where: Germany

How: Coworker found the server and told me about it. We had been on single player for several months beforehand and avoided multiplayer. Day 1 of joining had a rollback but we logged on the next day anyway. Neil helped us build a drawbridge and we stayed. Still remains the only Vanilla server I've ever joined.

Website: Look to the top of your browser in the address bar.

What were your thoughts of it then?: Had close to 100 on at once and it would lag but it was fun and very active.

What are your thoughts now?: It isn't the same as it was when I joined but there is a larger variety of servers. I don't know too many people that still play with the exception of a few.

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: WorldGuard. I think it encouraged people to build in towns and it made it easy to allocate different floors/rooms to different people.

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown? Too many to single one out. Had a lot of fun building Agharta with Build Team and I loved the first Tekkit server.
When: June 2015

Where: My Room

How: searching in random ips

What were your thoughts of it then?: the turorial is boring. lets go find a new server

What are your thoughts now?: Fun relaxing place that my friends can play on

If you could add or change 1 thing what would it be?: Give more sethomes

What is your most fondest memory in Minetown? The Spawn