Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Official] Town Owner and Residents Rules
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

Town Owner and Residents Rules

These are rules along with any that are set by town owners. They must be followed accordingly due to the increase in town owners abusing their power in order to gain lots and items.

- All towns must have a rule board and show the players it before they buy a lot, this is so they agree to all rules set. It will not be considered a town without a rule board.

- Town owners have the right to limit the size of buildings and lots as long as it is stated beforehand on the rules board and the resident is clear on building rights.

- Only town owners and co-owners are allowed to deal with the town lots, no other player can regardless of approval by town owner.

- If a resident is inactive, town owners must check with staff how long for (must be over 2 weeks) then place a sign on the lot warning the player they will be removing the lot with a 2 week notice on the sign. Giving the resident about a month to return or leave themselves.

- If a resident is abusing rules set within the town the owner will need to contact staff to appeal for an instant dismissal of the resident. Meaning if staff agree then the resident would need to leave the town that same day.

- If the instant dismissal is rejected then the town owner will need to place a 2 week notice sign on the players lot allowing them time to move out.

- If the player has been perma banned then the Owner will need to make a pe to get the lot removed. Staff will check if they have been perma banned and if they have owners will be granted access to the whole lot again.

- If residents have not been perma banned but are still wanted out of the town then Town Owners will need to wait until they are back on minetown before issuing a two week notice to remove them.

- Same also applies with shops and any other kind of building, a two week sign notice on the lot before it is allowed to be removed.

- Town owners have permission to set other rules for their town as long as they are fair and do not go against these rules or the main rules for Minetown.

Failing to follow these rules will result in jail time or strict bans. We do not tolerate unfair Town Owners who try to abuse their power.
Danni, would you be a dear and add the following to the rules? You and I both know it'll help a lot. I've seen a lot of issues with people retaking land due to members being inactive and such, and one ban based on it. This will help future instances, I believe.

Please make it a requirement to (in addition to the forum thread, messages, and 2 week notice sign), have city owners send an in game email regarding a "foreclosure" (I guess we'd call it that?).

Just a suggestion, and I'm pretty sure that you'll see the merit. This will enable the people to know right away (when they log onto the server) to know about their home in a city/town. Not all members check the forums often, and not all members check all of their houses often.
Thats what the signs on lots would be. People tend to 'miss' messages so if theres signs all over their home they wont miss it. Any other form of contact is optional and we could recommend trying everything x
This is awesome <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> I've been following these rules for Shoreline, so glad to see them officially go in place.
Alright, was just a suggestion. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Hopefully people can follow these guidelines and do everything possible to contact the person during the two weeks.
*scrambles to computer and changes boards of savage city*

This is good!

Too much confusion over town rules
Regarding dunsjohn note, at townville the last step we take is sending a pm to the player. (normally 2 weeks after signing the place out)

We think this is a better option than mailing because the player will receive a real email (if not opted out). Most of the players that left the game will not even respond.

We also recommend players to buy vaults (we provide those if needed) and those are for "lifetime", This way the risk to loose worthy stuff is less.

However those are part of our town rules, and as Danni said, are optional to main rules.

We really think and tell residents that activity is what keeps the town going. We dont want ghost buildings to spread over the town, nor to expand forever.

We are very happy with this set of main rules, we think that this will improve minetown and help to create a good town base on the server.

Cheers.
This is good, but im gona make it a months notice with houses and if thier good homes ill keep them there even if their owner has been perm. banned
After giving this some more thought on this i have some questions:

- Can we have a rule that states that town shops must be stocked? I hate to have empty shops for long and think that town owners should be able to take action even if the player is active.

- How about rented places? can owners take action if rents are not paid?

I think that at least towns should follow the market model regarding shops. Not sure about rented places.
lostbit wrote:
After giving this some more thought on this i have some questions:

- Can we have a rule that states that town shops must be stocked? I hate to have empty shops for long and think that town owners should be able to take action even if the player is active.

- How about rented places? can owners take action if rents are not paid?

I think that at least towns should follow the market model regarding shops. Not sure about rented places.

Put it in your rule board.