Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Event Idea: The Hunger Games!!

So I was watching a trailer for the new hunger games movie and I thought of an idea for an event. I was thinking that minetown would recreate the hunger games as an event. People that want to participate could enter and 24 people would be randomly chosen. Mods could create an arena and the occasional obstacles could appear such as a mob spawner, a water or lava flood, and things of that nature. People who are spectators can sponsor their favorite tribute and send them supplies that would help them. The winner is the last alive and wins a pretty cool prize. Thats just a suggestion and would be something cool to do in honor of the new hunger games movie that will be coming out soon. Just a thought but what do you guys think??? Thanks for reading and may the odds be ever in your favor!
Sounds like an interesting idea but this would take a ton of planning and design to make this resemble the book.
i play on another server that is strictly pvp. They do this once a day and its pretty fun. They actually use a seperate server for the hunger games.
see my newly created thread-- i plan to form a group with some friends that will build a very complex, redstone-controlled hunger games arena. We would try to use our own money for supplies, though donations would be welcome, and would hold weekly hunger games, perhaps more often if it was successful, creating a new arena every few months. We would charge 10g for a person to enter the competition, and then would award the winner 100g, second place 40g, third, fourth and fifth place 20g each. If there were 24 tributes, we would get a profit of 40g. Tell me what you think!
pretty cool idea... i have to read the book someday when i have time to visit the library lol...
Won't work, people will just tunnel underground and build a great dwarven empire. The point of the Hunger Games are for you to be struggling to survive. It would be awesome at the cornucopia battle, but after that it would get slow and turn into diamond-vs-diamond. No amount of redstone will replicate the gamemakers method of pushing everyone together.
Not even ALL the redstone?
Nope. Pistons and dispensers can only go so far.

Sure, you could *sort of* make the forest fire event with fire charges, and possibly some kind of avalanche with sand. But nothing on the epic scale.
lol i was accually thinking/am going to do this in my town