Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Drill Plugin
Started by [E] SGT Fenix

Ok so in the many servers i have played on before, one had a plugin that was particularly interesting to me.

It was a plugin where, you would make a drill, consisting entirely of diamond blocks in a cube shape, and a door, with a sign inside that said drill, the drill can go through lava and water, and can also be remotely controlled, the size of the drill can be anywhere from a 4x4x6 to a 50x50x20, it is very useful for clearing massive amounts of land, and does NOT give you the blocks it mines out, therefore it is not a fast way to obtain materials. I am posting this thread here today to recommend this plugin for the server so that players can have an easier time flattening out land for cities and other projects. It would decrease the time needed to around 10-20mins max for a big area, and is very efficient.
I like the idea kind of I guess, but it seems like something that would probably just cause massive lag. We dont need any more of that.
On the contrary, this does not cause any lag whatsoever due to the fact that the game does not have to process the dropping of the blocks because the drill deletes them, the drill is metaphorically a wall of player hands mining at 100x the speed of a players bare hand, since its a hand, you dont get the cobble if you break a cobble block,
You don't give a dislike option. /<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> Too much lag is what will happen.

Think of it this way. 100 people at once use a drill. bam, lag.
As i have previously stated, due to the nature of the plugin, it requires vast amounts of diamonds, and the does not cause lag, i have seen it tested, with 80 people drilling at once, and the lag was surprisingly very minimal
But why did you take the dislike option away? You might as well have just deleted the whole thread if you arent going to give options to answer the question.
He changed it There was a dislike but everyone was hitting it so It was changed....
Your poll is flawed. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Sorry but I do not like the idea. I think it will take away from the game.
Fenix... do you forget about all the other plugins we use? Add this plugin on top of what we have, and I bet it will cause more lag.
"No lag"?

Deleting blocks causes lag.

It is a good idea, it can save mods' time by not worrying about WorldEdit'ing areas, and highly efficient, but it will likely cause more problems than it will fix. If a load of blocks were being deleted at once, that will cause a fair amount of lag.

We've got too many plugins at this moment, that it's causing so much lag (and some of the plugins I bet are not even being used and are just lying around adding to the lagfest. Only Sawine knows).

*Irrelevant sufficient opinion begins* One day, we surprisingly had minimal lag. However, monsters spawned like crazy, it was interrupting everything and I lost my collection of music discs and a friend's diamond axe to a creeper explosion. Since then I have worshipped lag for it's unique powers of benediction *Irrelevant sufficient opinion ends. Thou hast defeated a True Story derp :wave: *