Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Skyblock: Tips and Tricks!
Started by [E] 8x8johan

This is the thread where YOU can share and read all of the coolest Skyblock tips and tricks, and recieve helpful advice!

Rules:

- Post must be related to the subject and server

- Your tips and tricks should be throughout and understandable

- Questions on the subject are always appreciated

- Be awesome and have fun!

My own contricution: Stone generators

s49xzr.png

This was the most compact stone genrator (note that stone breaks faster than cobble) that I could make.

It is 100% safe, as you are blocked from the lava.

IMPORTANT: If you place water first, the machine will generate stone under the lava source. If you place lava first, the machine with make cobble under the water source, or on the

You can expand it with build like this:

http://i60.tinypic.com/ma85s4.png

The issue with stone generators is however that the lava might flow faster than the water sometimes, which leads to cobble being generated around it, which just fucks up the process. If you're willing to risk that every now and then, this is a great machine.

For the most reliant machine I can recomment this: (good for afk'ing)

2015_08_02_15_23_24.png

free image upload

Post away wih your best skyblock tips!

-Johan
Oh wow, i never knew about the smooth stone generator haha, awesome! I also like that cobblestone generator design! I will use that for sure as soon i'm going to rebuild the generator i have right now!

As for a tip i got, it might not be something huge, but still worth noting!

When i want to break a dirt block or another precious block that i may not loose for whatever reason! I place a water stream going down next to it, i will jump in this water stream downwards and then move myself up just under neat that dirt block (or any other). Just out of the water, so i won't drown but also clear it faster. As soon you break it, you'll move up and 99% chance you'll grab that block! And that's where you have it!

Now you just need to swim up, clear that water source (or use your bucket on it again) & profit! No more losing any blocks again! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Do this at your own risk tho! And always be careful! If you like, you could also put an extra water stream so you got a bit more mobility and safety in staying there.

I hope this way an useful tip! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

~Dragonfreaky
Compact cactus farm: 16 cacti on each level, hole in the middle for a hopper. It's case is 11x11 blocks, and there's one water source in each corner. Fence in used to break the cacti for minimun loss.

v63fqh.png